Dirty Leeds
Elite Member
Anyone got any experience of these? 2015 Ktm 390 but I imagine they are all similar…. I’m interested in one I got in the van that’s for sale
Yes mate I got it in the van but he is paying me to take it home to sell at £1200-£1300 it Seems a cracking little bike for little money so I might have a go at itHe has the RC390 , the sports one but I don't think he's ridden it yet. @Faith has the exact same bike and rides that regularly. I pressume you're talking about the KTM Duke 390 which is more the streetfighter style?
![]()
Yes I remember now mate, I reckon I will try buy it it seems appropriate for me to ride again nice upright, low power, two seat and cheapYes, mine is an rc390. same engine but amore sporty look
View attachment 52250
I had this last year as a courtesy bike when mine was being serviced (better than this years piece of shit) Quite fun flat out everywhere
Fun commute bike I guess but friends have had nothing but issues with their KTM’s and got shot
View attachment 52251
If its not too late consider this 2006 DUCATI MONSTER 696 (ONLY 7,145 MILES) | eBay Its actually a 695, the headline is wrong.Yes I remember now mate, I reckon I will try buy it it seems appropriate for me to ride again nice upright, low power, two seat and cheap
He won't keep it long enough for it to go wrongI had this last year as a courtesy bike when mine was being serviced (better than this years piece of shit) Quite fun flat out everywhere
Fun commute bike I guess but friends have had nothing but issues with their KTM’s and got shot
View attachment 52251
I doubt it will get startedHe won't keep it long enough for it to go wrong![]()
![]()
Bit shitty if your friends got shot just because the KTMs were no good.I had this last year as a courtesy bike when mine was being serviced (better than this years piece of shit) Quite fun flat out everywhere
Fun commute bike I guess but friends have had nothing but issues with their KTM’s and got shot
View attachment 52251
£1200 sounds goodNot this week, but I am thinking about other bikes, like the 695 Monster.
I think that I have been deluding myself that I can master the KTM seat height to swing my leg over. Given that I am over 40 months in, I've no real belief that things will get better. DirtyLeeds, I might be up for selling it to you!
Errr Nearly treble that!£1200 sounds good
It is virtually brand new! OK two years old, but with only about 1300 miles on.Bit greedy![]()
![]()
It is virtually brand new! OK two years old, but with only about 1300 miles on.
And I have not really a clue!
Ask Everclear
Everclear posts only facts. He is Rafa Benitez, FACT!He's looking for a clue, not an opinion.
Cheers but I’m only a bit tempted due to the low price and I got 3 bikes all doing nothing other than depreciate … you could buy stuff pre pandemic reasonable money then things rocketed now things are slidingNot this week, but I am thinking about other bikes, like the 695 Monster.
I think that I have been deluding myself that I can master the KTM seat height to swing my leg over. Given that I am over 40 months in, I've no real belief that things will get better. DirtyLeeds, I might be up for selling it to you!
V7s are a good option, definitely a low seat height and the latest 850 versions get good reviews.I was going to leave it as standard as I really should be able to cope. I don't really want to mess around with the seat and I think the main issue is just the design of the frame.
I will try more practising next week, but I think that with a false hip I will just have to accept my limitations.
I will see if they let me try to get on and off a V7, next week, and judge how easy it is.
I don't want to rely on a centre-stand to get on, as that is not going to help getting off, and using a centre-stand is not always practical.
I just think that I've got to a point where I have to accept what my limitations are and not try to fight everything.
Patience is not my strongpoint and I have cracked!
I do really, really want to succeed with the KTM, but it is starting to rankle that I can't enjoy myself.
I will see my brother and sister tomorrow and offer to pay them back for their accident-related expenditure. I am really very tempted to get my brother to drop the case and tell this LLP to go hang. She may of got the hint and that is why she is not communicating with me. She tells tales to my older brother and he is busy with more important things to do. It may be that the agreement says that if we bail, then she will still get paid. If that is the case and we do not bail out, then I will just carry on being my normal uncooperative self!
It is really dispiriting to learn that I have been sending in expense claims for nearly three years and they were never looked at. One was a visit to Gloucester Hospital, in 2020, that she claims to have no knowledge of. I had a quick scan through my Yahoo emails, on my mobile, this morning, to see how far back I could go with Yahoo mail. I found the claim in minutes. The taxi to my local station was paid for under the rehabilitation code, and the guy picked me up from Gloucester Hospital as they were going to inject some shit into my leg and said that I might struggle to walk far for the rest of the day, so the whole claim was for the train fare for one stop during the day - about a fiver. This was from over two and a half years ago, for a fucking fiver!
It was never really about money, to me. I wanted admission of the truth, If, as the LLP claims, although she will not send me any proof, that Hasting did admit that the accident was their client's fault (as she admitted) then that is the big thing for me. Not arguing over fecking fivers!
It has been made abundantly clear that the physical injuries are worth Jack Shit, and me working locally in order to look after my dog, makes me a worthless SOB! All I want is a few tens of thousands compensation and then draw a line under it.
I don't want to spend the next year pissing about with fivers, claimed over two years ago.
The way that I see it, is that I survived and avoided having my leg amputated. I don't want to spend the coming years harking back to 2019 and five pound claims made in 2020.
Life is too short!
If I end up selling the KTM and taking a big loss, then that is what I may have to do. I just walked past the KTM to get some washing and I could not resist a try, I will have a proper practice next week, but I think that I have my technique wrong. The KTM rc390 does have quite a high pillion seat, I was trying to swing my leg over the seat, but I think that if I bend my knee, quite lot, I can just stride across the riders seat, that is quite low. If you see what I mean, which you won't My knees were not injured (a mystery to me) and so bending them to get over the rider seat rather than swing a leg out straight should work better. Although my right hip was not replaced, I think that I lack flexibility in my pelvis, and that is what restricts me - I think, but have no medical knowledge to back this upV7s are a good option, definitely a low seat height and the latest 850 versions get good reviews.