Latest Ebay scam

Dukess1999

Active member
Had 3 e-mails last week supposedly from Ebay users who haven't received an item or asking if I accept postal orders. As I'm currently not selling anything I immediately clicked on the link to the item being sold, to be taken to what looked like the Ebay sign-in page. I almost put my username and password in before remembering I shouldn't need to do this just to view an item. Looks like it's a scam to get access to peoples' accounts. Sample e-mail below (should have known by the grammar & spelling that it was dodgy):

Look, There are now 2 months since I paied for the item and I still didn`t receive it.This is my last warning : unless you solve the problem the first thing I shall report you to ebay and second I shall go to the police .

I am loosing my patience... i will wait your reply !!!
 
Dukess1999 said:
Had 3 e-mails last week supposedly from Ebay users who haven't received an item or asking if I accept postal orders. As I'm currently not selling anything I immediately clicked on the link to the item being sold, to be taken to what looked like the Ebay sign-in page. I almost put my username and password in before remembering I shouldn't need to do this just to view an item. Looks like it's a scam to get access to peoples' accounts. Sample e-mail below (should have known by the grammar & spelling that it was dodgy):

Look, There are now 2 months since I paied for the item and I still didn`t receive it.This is my last warning : unless you solve the problem the first thing I shall report you to ebay and second I shall go to the police .

I am loosing my patience... i will wait your reply !!!

Very sneeky scam Ian - I hoped you shopped them to Ebay.
 
There's an amzon email goign around as well,

Dear customer!
We're writing to let you know that we've initiated a transfer from your bank account (Last 4-digits: 0402) for the following amount:

GBP 313.14 (ORDER #0220873 , DATE #20.03.2006)

Funds should leave account in approximately three to five working days.

See your statement details in attachment.


To review your account at any time, please access your Account Summary:
https://payments.amazon.co.uk/exec/login?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this settlement, please contact us at
payments-support@amazon.co.uk

Amazon.co.uk Marketplace -- Amazon Services Europe S.a.r.l.
Sell Your Stuff
http://www.amazon.co.uk


The sending mail server is in Russia and the statement is a virus and I've got no intention of clicking an https://payments.amazon.co.uk link and putting my details in either :(
 
I've had an attempted scam purporting to come from eBAy. It claimed that an attempt has been made to set up another email address on your account. Please click the link below to verify your details I reported it to eBay and it was confirmed as a genuine scam.
I've had scam attempts pretending to be Paypal and also various banks, none of which I even have accounts with. I've also allegedly won umpteen lotteries and must have had every variation of the Nigerian business scam known to man and a few others.
I just ignore them all.

Iain, did the 748 sale go OK. I hoped you'd have got more than you did.
 
nigerian scam

Derek said:
I've had an attempted scam purporting to come from eBAy. It claimed that an attempt has been made to set up another email address on your account. Please click the link below to verify your details I reported it to eBay and it was confirmed as a genuine scam.
I've had scam attempts pretending to be Paypal and also various banks, none of which I even have accounts with. I've also allegedly won umpteen lotteries and must have had every variation of the Nigerian business scam known to man and a few others.
I just ignore them all.

Iain, did the 748 sale go OK. I hoped you'd have got more than you did.
are you really saying mrs ngdbouti`s husband isnt really an overthrown president of his country and doesnt really want to give me a million just for washing his clothes or something.........thank god i gave him the wifes account details , bound to cost less :comp2:
 
Forwarded the e-mails to E-bay but haven't had a reply and don't expect to. Only direct communications I get from them is when they can't collect their fees.

Derek, didn't sell the 748 on E-bay in the end, the buyer had a hundred requirements, but as usual only after he'd bid on it. Decided it was more trouble than it was worth at that price. I'll put it in Scottish Autotrader in the next couple of weeks now the weather is better (very slightly!).
 
Dukess1999 said:
Derek, didn't sell the 748 on E-bay in the end, the buyer had a hundred requirements, but as usual only after he'd bid on it. Decided it was more trouble than it was worth at that price. I'll put it in Scottish Autotrader in the next couple of weeks now the weather is better (very slightly!).

I'm kind of glad about that Iain, odd though that may sound. But £2650 was a pretty poor offer for such a cracking bike. It has a load of good bits in it and you'd spent a lot on getting it sorted out. I'd love it for a 2nd bike if I could afford two. :flypig:
When I was selling the 900ss last year I advertised it in mid-march, hoping to sell it before I bought the ST4s. I didn't get a single enquiry. :( I advertised it again the 1st weekend in April and had a load of enquiries and got my asking price from the first one who came to look at it.:) :)
I'm sure it will sell for a sensible price once the weather picks up and biking fever bites again. Best of luck. :thumbs:
 
Back
Top Bottom