monster 1200

dexx

New member
has anybody rode one of these yet i have a test drive on saturday. if its not raining. anybody got a long range weather forecast
 
Not yet, but I've been offered a ride so I'll try and get a shot soon. Saw a couple in DG today and they just look Brutal.
 
Let us know what you think - i had a close look on Sunday in the shop, looks even better in the flesh the pics from the launch a few months ago



Although I'm sure it looks even better when the red ones arrive in April





And look at the size of these bad boys - M50 Monoblocs and 330mm discs straight off the Panigale S - I hear the Monster 1200S stops quicker from 100 than any other Ducati - hardly surprising



Want one !
 
If your over 6ft it may feel a bit strange when you sit on the bike - the "view" looking over the front contains nothing - the clocks are set too low IMO and the headlight is half way down the forks (as seems to be the trend these days). I've never liked that particular look as adopted currently by KTM and Ducati. The new BMW R nine T looks far better in my eyes with the headlight and clocks in the normal place!
 
If your over 6ft it may feel a bit strange when you sit on the bike - the "view" looking over the front contains nothing... snip ...
Scary but I am not put off, I still want one. Might need to build a new garage! All I need is the cash (could be a long wait :cry:)
 
If your over 6ft it may feel a bit strange when you sit on the bike - the "view" looking over the front contains nothing - the clocks are set too low IMO and the headlight is half way down the forks (as seems to be the trend these days). I've never liked that particular look as adopted currently by KTM and Ducati. The new BMW R nine T looks far better in my eyes with the headlight and clocks in the normal place!

Had a look at the BMW last week and thought some of the finish looked a bit cheap….?
 
I'm just an old fart. The best looking bike I ever owned was a 1976 Kawasaki Z900 - big round headlight and twin clocks. LCD dash and droopy headlights just don't do it for me. I really wanted to like the new monster, however it felt like sitting on a BMX, that's possibly the point though!
 
Let us know what you think - i had a close look on Sunday in the shop, looks even better in the flesh the pics from the launch a few months ago

[qimg]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3734/13199216193_acfcfaf35e_c.jpg[/qimg]

Although I'm sure it looks even better when the red ones arrive in April

[qimg]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/13199113405_a5ef759b85_c.jpg[/qimg]

[qimg]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3795/13199226033_edb3da1ab5_c.jpg[/qimg]

And look at the size of these bad boys - M50 Monoblocs and 330mm discs straight off the Panigale S - I hear the Monster 1200S stops quicker from 100 than any other Ducati - hardly surprising

[qimg]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3665/13199125255_e269d2874c_c.jpg[/qimg]

Want one !

That's looking damn nice - love the black pipes!
 
like andrew says, you need to see it in the flesh, and i think we may now see the non believers converting, nice one Andrew
 
I wanted one until I sat on it at the bike show.

For me the footpegs are just stupid and ruin it. I know a few reviewers have mentioned issues with them and I was all set to prove them wrong...

Unfortunately I have to agree with them. I like to have the pegs under the balls of my feet, but doing that meant my heel was scraping on the pillion pegs. Actually felt like i got my foot stuck at one point when trying different positions. Not to mention the scraping the pillion pegs were getting by other people doing the same.

I've never had a pillion and don't ever expect to, so to have my foot position totally compromised by a set of pegs that won't ever be used is pretty annoying and is a deal breaker for me.

Just don't understand why they've designed it like that. Really, really disappointed.

:mad:
 
TBH, of the newer Monsters this (modded) variant gets my vote, and highlights what is so wrong about the latest variant.
1046_520685111292886_912712453_n.jpg
 
Thats lovely - but by 'modded' what you really mean is changed everything bar the frame and engine block :lol2: That carbon fibre sub frame is over £2k someone had money to burn on that - nice though.
 
Back
Top Bottom