Monster 796 - Termis

Kennyronin

New member
Hi all

I'm loving riding my Monster and have kept it going throughout the winter when weather and salt allows. I'm now really tempted by a set of Termis for it, but am still not quite sure. I know they look and sound great, what I'm wondering is if there are any other benefits? Do they improve fueling etc? I'm 95% there, just need a little more convincing lol

Cheers in advance :)
 
Termis are great but you will only get benefits (other than sound & looks) by getting the whole 'breathing' sorted. It's worth considering a less restrictive air filter (i.e. K&N, BMC etc) and a Dyno set-up to get the best. I also fitted a power commander and a 'Fat Duc'. The first allows tuning to get the correct fuel mixture 1/4 throttle upwards. The 'Fat Duc' overcomes the lean running making the bike run rough at lower revs (i.e. thro' town). Another way to go is buy 'the package' of Full Termi system, DP Air Filter and new ECU.
Personally I went with Arrows, as I was impressed with build quality and subsequent performance.....and they were significantly cheaper than Termis.
 
Indecision sorted :) Decided to go with the full system, getting fitted end of April :)

Agree totally Cateran, I'd have seen no real benefits from end cans only, so it was always the full one I was wondering about.
 
Heres 1100 Evo Termi's waking from their winter slumber to get you in the mood


Sorry don't know how to make the video appear in here
 
So I now have the full system set up. There had been an issue with getting the correct ECU, so had to take bike with the original ECU still on board. Got the right one today, and what a difference!

Rides like a very different bike and was money well spent. Feels much smoother, much better response and the pipes look lovely. I'm well pleased. Glad I got a tail tidy done at the same time.

And the noise? Well my neighbours are gonna hate me but I love it :p Thank you all at DG!
 
I have a query for those with more experience. My monster is great to ride with the Termis on, but it seems a bit harder to start now. It seems to need a few shots with the starter, even if it's been dry for ages... Any thoughts? Is this to be expected?
 
Im no expert but maybe something to do with the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) although this is supposed to reset with the new ECU being fitted but if you had issues with that then maybe it still needs sorted - Give the workshop guys a call at DG there maybe an easy fix
 
I'll ask next time I'm in...I have a vague inkling that it might be residual damp from our fantastic weather affecting it.
 
Back
Top Bottom