Monster Written Off

BruceCampbell

New member
Thursday 10.30am in Kelso a MYOPIC owld guy pulled accross me and the collision ended up with me down the road, sore and bruised but ok, the bike looked ok at first glance but one of the top frame rails is bent so it will undoubtedly be written off........he admitted liability at the scene to me and the police so the bike was recovered to Lauder and insurance is sorting, I'm gutted, loved that bike but hey I'm still here to grump on about it, Not a happy bunny......:mad:
 
Sad to read this, Bruce.

As long as you're OK, that's the most important part.

Hope the insurance company doesn't drag things on for too long.
 
I am glad to hear you are OK.

Whilst the guy was an idiot, at least he was honest & empathic.

You might be able to buy the bike back as an insurance write-off for breaking, however that might not interest you at all.
 
Sorry to hear about the off Bruce, but the main thing is you're in good enough shape to post about it. Hopefully getting the insurance sorted will be fairly straightforward if he's admitted liability.

A Scrambler could be the perfect accompaniment to your Rock 'n' Roll lifestyle :cool:;)
 
I've said it before and no doubt I'll say it again, metal and plastic can be replaced, flesh and bone not so easily. Hope you are not too sore Bruce.
 
:eek: Glad your ok Bruce and hope your aches and bruises heal quickly ,bikes can be replaced as others say but its a bummer when you really love it :ohwell:
Take it easy and hope you get a replacement soon :)
 
Hope they took the guy's license away! There have been a lot of fatal accidents around my neck of the woods this years caused by people no longer fit to drive. personally I'd have strangled the bugger but I'm not known as a forgiving type these days. Good to here you are OK.
 
Good to hear that you're ok Bruce and walked away with only some bumps and bruises! I know you'll be gutted about the bike but hey, there are always other bikes and hopefully the insurance will sort you out fairly quickly (before the summer arrives anyway !)
 
Back
Top Bottom