Millychristie
New member
I believe my new purchase used to belong to a SDC member....If anybody could tell m a bit of history...It would be apprciated. I pick it up from Harley Davidson, Edinburgh on Tuesday 14th x
Hi Debbie,
It was mine! I'm at work but i'll post later when i get home.![]()
Looks stunning Debbie - now get yourself and your lovely 748 along to our tracknight so you can fall in love all over again![]()
Hi Debbie,
It was mine!
That's the idea of buying an older machine that I won't panic over. I can get this one wet, dirty and use to come along to a few more of the events without my attendance being dictated by the weather
Hi Debbie,
I bought it last year from hightower (used to be on this forum) on the 11th May. Traded it in in November to Edinburgh HD for the monster I currently have.
It was/is immaculate and never missed a beat. It was fully serviced and did not want for anything. (don't know where that screen came from that's in your picture. I bought it as you've bought it.
I did fit new fairings and stuff as in the pics below to keep the yellow OEM fairings good. The only problem with this model (2002) is that it has 749 headers making exhaust options difficult.
The termignoni exhausts and upgraded EPROM should be fitted. You should have a box of parts with the OEM exhausts, clutch cover, Haynes manual, chain guard and some other bits and bobs.
[qimg]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/John_Penhale/SDC10328_zps6jw7mglc.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/John_Penhale/SDC10326_zps6xcrvfwz.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/John_Penhale/SDC10285_zpsqnr0porg.jpg[/qimg]
[qimg]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b633/John_Penhale/SDC10280_zps9odb8nu7.jpg[/qimg]
Anything else let me know.
Cheers John
HI Debbie,
that screen must have been added by the interim owner! i had the OEM clear one on when i sold it.
The bike started first time every time when i had it and i never had a charger on it.
One mod you may do is billet levers. i found the newer ones with more adjustment were better especially for the clutch. but you can pick these up cheap off fleabay.
Just remember unlike the 916/996/998 the 748 likes to be revved to get the best out of it
By the way i loved the bike just that it only made sense on our roads at illegal speeds as thats when the weight comes off your wrists or i would still have it.
Anything else just ask.
Cheers John![]()
The screen will need to go
Am glad you said that...its horrible!!!!
See you at the tracknight?
:thumbs: