New Multistrada coming from Ducati at Milan show

What was wrong with the old one :confused:
By next year it will be 5 years old with a minor remake in 2012 when the twin spark engine was introduced. I would think that Ducati want to be seen as a progressive manufacturer and 5 years seems to be about lifespan of most models before introducing a new version.
 
10671366_546661865436643_3826327660970524141_n.jpg
 
I was "told" about the possible 1299 pani and the return of the street fighter S but with the 1199 motor :eek: now that would be nuts!!!! Cooooool :cool:
 
It will be interesting to see if they still retain the desmo system.

I'd be surprised if they didn't. The desmo system has been the unique feature which they have promoted for the last 40 years. Desmodromic is synonymous with Ducati. I don't think there has been a non-desmo Ducati since the parallel twins of the early eighties.
 
Cant wait to see this new one.

I really fancy a Multistrada to do a bit of touring on next year, maybe do a decent Euro trip. I dont think I would buy a brand new one. Be some decent 2nd hand ones on the market as folk would hopefully be upgrading to the new model maybe I could pick up a bargain :D
 
A video of the DVT system
[video]http://ducati.com/testastretta_dvt/video/TestastrettaDVT_eng_youtube.mp4[/video]
It's not a proper Youtube video so I couldn't find a way to embed it and it takes a whie to load when you click play.
 
And from the other side...

MRD_23_2014_Titel.jpg


and another couple
461825d1414095159-2015-multistrada-end-production-current-model-mts-1200-imageuploadedbymotorcycle1414095157.353921.jpg


I wonder why it says USA on the cat? The front view is an improvement and it looks like full main & dip LED headlights too.
 
Last edited:
It's rumoured that the new bike will have adjustable seat height, from 810mm to 850mm, which will be great for short-arses like :)
We'll have to wait and see how the screen turns out though.
 
Better in white Miles?
Screenshot%2B2014-11-03%2B20.46.38.png


I think the new nose is an improvement and the seat now goes down to 825mm which suits me. It looks like the frame sides and the subframe are now all one casting incorporating the pannier mounts. As well as the DVT engine, it also has a colour dash, cornering ABS and a cornering headlight. No doubt there will be a myriad other minor changes.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom