New to me Multi 1200S

8 and counting...
After the big off.... only been out twice with my brother... seeing that metal leg on show while hurtling through leafy Surrey/Sussex really made me take a deep breath.
I`m not surprised . I`m sure you`ll do this anyway but buy the best clothing you can and take it easy. Airbag technology has come on in leaps and bounds since you last rode so well worth getting an air vest/jacket IMO
Probably best to pop the bike in the van and ride it somewhere a little less hectic than where you live too.
Good luck and enjoy.
 
I`m not surprised . I`m sure you`ll do this anyway but buy the best clothing you can and take it easy. Airbag technology has come on in leaps and bounds since you last rode so well worth getting an air vest/jacket IMO
Probably best to pop the bike in the van and ride it somewhere a little less hectic than where you live too.
Good luck and enjoy.
I owned an AirVest before the last off... but didn't put it on, as I was only popping to Staines (7 miles away).
Luckily my spine protector, broke my ribs at the back... without it I would either be dead or paralysed.
 
Nice buy (y) I've had two 1200S's - tried about 5 screens to reduce buffeting. I found the Pikes Peak to be the best for me (5'10') - more airflow but cleaner.

Agree. I went with the low pp carbon jobbie, far better.
Loved my 2010 S sport with all the carbon. Put the full termi on it and it got quite lively.
Mine had 45k miles on it when I sold it. Only probs I had was the sussie ecu failing, but it
was while in warranty, so reasonably painless.
 
I contacted the previous owner last night and had a good chat on the phone with him. It turns out the exhaust was fitted by Carl Harrison , well known Ducati Specialist from Norfolk . At the same time he tweaked the whatever it is that needs tweaking so the bike runs smoothly .
I have also discovered that the bike has heated grips, very useful now that Climate Change is really keeping those temperatures down.
The electronic fuel cap release that was mentioned above is an option that was not fitted to my bike so its not a keyless bike at all really .
 
I contacted the previous owner last night and had a good chat on the phone with him. It turns out the exhaust was fitted by Carl Harrison , well known Ducati Specialist from Norfolk . At the same time he tweaked the whatever it is that needs tweaking so the bike runs smoothly .
I have also discovered that the bike has heated grips, very useful now that Climate Change is really keeping those temperatures down.
The electronic fuel cap release that was mentioned above is an option that was not fitted to my bike so its not a keyless bike at all really .

Win win win (y)
 
Carl does good work. Hows the riding of it?
It`s fabulous to ride , really fabulous. If you are still looking and the riding position works for you then well worth a try.
I remain puzzled why the one I mentioned in the first post that I owned previously was so poor by comparison. Was that perhaps a Friday afternoon bike? I can`t imagine that Ohlins and the Arrow exhaust make that much difference.
 
It`s fabulous to ride , really fabulous. If you are still looking and the riding position works for you then well worth a try.
I remain puzzled why the one I mentioned in the first post that I owned previously was so poor by comparison. Was that perhaps a Friday afternoon bike? I can`t imagine that Ohlins and the Arrow exhaust make that much difference.

Properly set up Ohlins can make a huge difference. Suspension is the biggest factor in improving a bike IMO.
 
Are you still uber busy at work or are you have you got an imminent back in the saddle date in mind ?
Stupid./.. Stupid busy at the moment..... just paid £288 to park for two days in Chelsea.... someone paid £6.8M for a terraced house, then god only knows how much to decorate / fit "fitted wardrobes" etc.... and only then bring in an ac team to see why the hidden AC units aren't working..... they aren't happy with my answers.
 
Stupid./.. Stupid busy at the moment..... just paid £288 to park for two days in Chelsea.... someone paid £6.8M for a terraced house, then god only knows how much to decorate / fit "fitted wardrobes" etc.... and only then bring in an ac team to see why the hidden AC units aren't working..... they aren't happy with my answers.
 
Stupid./.. Stupid busy at the moment..... just paid £288 to park for two days in Chelsea.... someone paid £6.8M for a terraced house, then god only knows how much to decorate / fit "fitted wardrobes" etc.... and only then bring in an ac team to see why the hidden AC units aren't working..... they aren't happy with my answers.
So why is it not working then? And are you sorting it? 👀🤷🏻‍♂️
 
So why is it not working then? And are you sorting it? 👀🤷🏻‍♂️
They didn't like the look of the wall units in the guest bedroom, so the boxed it in.... completely blocking the conditioned air outlet.
Other hidden ducted units had they Air On grills removed and plastered over.... as they didn't appear to be blowing... (they suck).
The air off Grills have been changed to ones that are 95% baffle, removing the 5% baffled ones...

Air Con doesn't appear to be working ....
 
Back
Top Bottom