Thanks. Worth a shot.Have you tried some wd40 into the connection or some contact cleaner? Looking forward to seeing the s4r
You like those S4R’s don’t youOn a more exciting note I bought an early S4R yesterday, a 2003 model. I'm not planning to use it till Spring but it was quite local, looks in good shape and seemed a sensible thing to do . Pictures to follow.
Yes, . As you know I also have an s2r1000 that I really rate and its been a couple of years since I rode an s4r so I'm looking forward to the comparing them on the road.You like those S4R’s don’t you![]()
I think he has the S4RS which has the 998 engine in place of the 996 and also ohlins suspension.Isn’t @Bradders latest ride an S4R ?
Be interesting to hear how they compare. I’ve fancied both but never got round to buying one or the other ... as yet.Yes, . As you know I also have an s2r1000 that I really rate and its been a couple of years since I rode an s4r so I'm looking forward to the comparing them on the road.
There’s always next winterIt is with great sadness that I have to let you all know that my beautiful F800ST has now been sold having served its purpose as my Winter bike . I know many of you will be upset at missing out so here is another picture to ease the pain.
It was perfect for the job though as it is very comfy, easy to ride and tyres that work well in cold weather. It is also instantly forgettable and hideously ugly but at least that means I dont feel bad about not cleaning it and I could leave it anywhere without worrying it would get stolen.
View attachment 14137
Thats right.There’s always next winter![]()
Yes, also Suzuki sv, a couple of Aprilias, Ducati Multi(before they got ugly with the1200) or St, Moto Guzzi or BM boxer. That sort of stuff, loads of choice at £2k or below especially in Winter.Have you thought of a tdm 850/900 ?
Why not just keep the same one? Or is it because you like a bit of variety?Thats right.
My rules are the bike has to be below £2k, have heated grips, a decent fairing and comfortable upright ish riding position. It has to be a twin too as I have not yet ridden anything with 3 or more cylinders that has made me want to buy it.
Keep that post winter? give you nightmaresWhy not just keep the same one? Or is it because you like a bit of variety?
If I really liked one I would. In 2019 I bought a Guzzi 1100 Breva for the Winter and I still have it. That is a really great bike for just pottering around on. No pressure to whizz anywhere, its comfy and full of character too. You see the odd thread about people who no longer enjoy riding, I always think a big old Guzzi is the perfect antidote to that.Why not just keep the same one? Or is it because you like a bit of variety?
Why not indeed. PerfectIf I really liked one I would. In 2019 I bought a Guzzi 1100 Breva for the Winter and I still have it. That is a really great bike for just pottering around on. No pressure to whizz anywhere, its comfy and full of character too. You see the odd thread about people who no longer enjoy riding, I always think a big old Guzzi is the perfect antidote to that.
I get as much fun researching and buying a £2k Winter bike as some would from splashing £20k on modern superbike or old classic.
To be honest I just like buying bikes that fit my parameters. In December I bought an S4R and last month a Multi 1000. As long as they are a few years old, depreciation free , look like fun and preferably within a couple of hours drive then why not ?
Does the same apply to you ? I know you have some golden oldies tucked away at WCP HQ.Why not indeed. Perfect![]()
WCP is a hoarder, he made out he was willing to sell his 748 but it was a scam, no matter what generous offer I made it was never enough, he'll be like Steptoe that oneDoes the same apply to you ? I know you have some golden oldies tucked away at WCP HQ.
And I hear you are the most generous member on the whole forum too.WCP is a hoarder, he made out he was willing to sell his 748 but it was a scam, no matter what generous offer I made it was never enough, he'll be like Steptoe that one![]()
I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but, yes that is probably accurateAnd I hear you are the most generous member on the whole forum too.
I heard that too.I'm not one for blowing my own trumpet, but, yes that is probably accurate![]()