NorthWest 200 2012

monster_998

New member
We're thinking about doing the NW200 this year instead of the MotoGP at Silerstone.

  • I'm look for advice on getting there (better to fly or take the ferry?)
  • Best places to stay (towns and B&Bs)
  • Best places to watch the races
All information gratefully received.
 
Graeme,

A few of us have gone to the NW200 each year for quite a while. Taking the bike over is good fun, especially if you ride up the Antrim coast. You're at the mercy of the weather, of course, and being Ireland it can really rain. However, we've had some lovely sunny spells for the long weekends which we used to take there. Getting accommodation in Portrush/Portstewart can be difficult, and many people book up their favourite places well in advance. It is easier to get accommodation a bit away from the circuit towns - small places on the Antrim coast such as Cushendun are very nice.

As an alternative to biking over you can fly over by Easyjet from Glasgow on the Saturday, hire a car to take you up to Coleraine, park it there for the day and walk to the circuit. Stay in a Travelodge or similar and fly back the next morning. Cheap and cheerful.

Having said all that, it seems so many people all have their tried and trusted favourite itineraries for going to the NW. However you go I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
 
Last edited:
I usually stay in the apartments in Ballycastle behind the Marine hotel but vowed never to return after last year....I might see you over there :o
 
I'm riding across with a few others. We've rented a house in Portrush, 16th to 20th and there may be space if you're interested, it's around £27 a night (depends on numbers). We are booked on the:

16th May 10:05 Troon - Larne
20th May 17:30 Larne - Troon

PM me if you're interested and I can send the details.

R
 
Many thanks for the offer, but unfortunately the way my work is I wouldn't want to commit to something where others are relying on me - a B&B would be different as they have more chance of filling a room at short notice - if that makes sense.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom