ouch .....how much

jim@southwales

New member
it was time to get my beast serviced (diavel), the tyres were also knackered and something wernt right . so booked her in at Riders Cardiff (ducati dealer).their customer service was great .they got her in early 07:30 and eye brows were raised at the roar from my wee werkes can ....no baffle luv it. all done by noon but the bill it was in the region I was expecting but the labour rate £82.00 p/h wow (or am I out of touch again).
so really pleased with Riders service and having mulled over a possible change to the xdiavel I am gonna stay put with my beast at least for another year if not longer then I may squeeze in another Duc
oh the bill just shy of £700 :eek: don't tell her indoors
 
Ouch indeed!

Which service due was this, and were there any standout items?

I remember having a Honda VFR800 when the big 16000 miles valves service was due - didn't love it enough to spend £700 on it so off it went in p/ex for a brand new KTM...

The KTM rode like a bucking bronco and cut out on roundabouts, so wasn't surprised when they said it needed 3 shims at the 600 mile service. BUT, the initial service cost me over £300. I've had Porsches, AMG Mercedes, Jag V12s and they were all peanuts to service compared to bikes!
 
I was quoted £850+ for annual service on an 2 year old 1100 monster evo, last year.
:eek: Got rid of that one.
 
I usually wait until the winter season for servicing, DG offer discounted rates and they do a collect and return service.

The other thing I do is only specify service items that I'm not happy doing myself (shims and belts) other items such as oil/filter/brakes etc I do. If your bike is under warranty then this is maybe not an option, mine is 15 years old though and the %age cost of a full service relative to the value of the my bike makes a full service crazy........my bike is worth maybe 2-2.5k so a service would be around a third of the value!
 
twas only the third service, no issues other than a module fault that cleared when they plugged it in .if I didn't like my beast so much I would think of changing her but what for now't else floats my boat at the moment .
out all morning today on her growling and popping in the Malvern hills, good times
 
Back
Top Bottom