Pinlock visor

PeteDuke

New member
My helmet has a Pinlock insert, I have found out through word of mouth that you can get a 'photochromic' pinlock insert.
Has anyone had experience of them, i used to have a pair of sunglasses, and really rated them, so did someone else who nicked them when i left them at work.
Any thoughts good or bad...
 
I haven't experienced a photochromic Pinlock but I do have a photochromic visor. In most conditions I find it very good but the one time it is a bit of a nuisance is when riding through trees in bright sunshine. In these conditions it can't react quickly enough when you ride into the shadows and it can be a bit darker than I'm happy with. Otherwise great, no need to carry 2 visors around.
 
I've got one.
Was recommended to get one by a fellow member on here after struggling with interchanging sunglasses with clear visor and smoked visor and also lost a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

so yeah the reactive insert I have works really well for me except for one thing I would say.....even in the brightest sunlight it still doesn't darken as much as I would want for the same if it was sunglasses or a dark visor. Otherwise I would fully recommend.
:)
 
Back
Top Bottom