Power-Images pics from 29th August tracknight.

iains1976

New member
Just a few.
29-08-08161.jpg

29-08-08441.jpg

29-08-08589.jpg

29-08-08635.jpg


There's always one!!
29-08-08676.jpg


Full gallery now up here..
http://www.power-images.co.uk/gallerys/2008/knockhill/bikes/29-08-08/

over 600 pics on file so email if you dont see yourself in gallery. info@power-images.co.uk

Iain
www.power-images.co.uk
 
Hey guys, lets not go down that road again, always after the DG trackevening theres this discussion. I like the variety, the Imola also loves 'eating' big powerful Jap bikes as they brake really early and take the corners at a snails pace!! :eek: :p
 
Whats with all the hairy chests? Looks like the door queue for the Blue Oyster!!

...Yes, it's not the most complimentary image I've had taken of me I must say. This was at the point when I was trying to asscertain what I'd done to Pete's SPS, Poor old Andy was just about to murder me for breaking his potential new bike!!! Sorry again guys! :o
 
I agree, too many race prepared Jap bikes... Fergie said it MANY times, too many guys going along for testing. I have a few issues from last night that I will raise with Martin before posting on the forum... pete commented that they are needed to make numbers, I disagree Pete - too many Ducati guys are put off becuase they know these idiots are on track - less idiots, more Ducati guys - NO BRAINER.....
 
I agree, too many race prepared Jap bikes... Fergie said it MANY times, too many guys going along for testing. I have a few issues from last night that I will raise with Martin before posting on the forum... pete commented that they are needed to make numbers, I disagree Pete - too many Ducati guys are put off becuase they know these idiots are on track - less idiots, more Ducati guys - NO BRAINER.....

i dissagree stuart, unless u wanna pay the deficit left with no Inline fours, then u wouldnt have a track night. There seems to be a fish supper on a few guys shoulders over this issue, my advice, Just get on with it & have fun, the more worrying ure doing about other folk the less u are concentrating on " the track ".

my 2p.
 
Race prepped bikes are a different problem to "too many japs". Agreed, they are be on different agendas. One make trackdays take far too much organising and can leave the people setting them up both financially and socially embarrased. It's up to the track owners or the organisers to separate effectively racers and bumblers. FWIW. There is no reason why such segregation cannot be effectively practiced once the protagonists arrive at the circuit and numbers are finally established. Two groups - crashers/racers and road bikes - easy!
 
...as I said earlier in the thread, it comes up every postmotem of DG trackeves.
I don't care a hoot really, love the track stuff, met some good mates, had some great dices, out rode jap bikes and the like with 100hp more than me. It's not what you got, it's what you do with it that counts, Japanese or Italian or even American - as I'm sure Mike Robins will agree!!! :)

I for one, don't think that Ducati owners are put off by the Jap stuff, most Ducati owners I know are confident expericenced riders who aren't fazed by fast Jap stuff, in some ways they are goaded on by thej (which can be equally dangerous as it can lead to red mist etc - nother subject).

So Stuart, what are the issues you have, - loud smokey bikes overtaking you at the hairpin, dumping oil all over your visor!!!!! :D :o
 
I agree, too many race prepared Jap bikes... Fergie said it MANY times, too many guys going along for testing. I have a few issues from last night that I will raise with Martin before posting on the forum... pete commented that they are needed to make numbers, I disagree Pete - too many Ducati guys are put off becuase they know these idiots are on track - less idiots, more Ducati guys - NO BRAINER.....

As a casual observation, some of the guys on rice rockets looked like they must be racers, at least to a mere bimbler like me who doesn't do many track days, and I agree with Mad Dash that this could put people off a bit. They also seemed to be the ones who would dive up the inside on bends and pass on yellow flags (despite the "strictly enforced" rules !). Having said that, however, it is only a small criticism of what, for me, is a hugely entertaining event.
 
Back
Top Bottom