Prize Winner at Stafford

Glawster

New member
I was very pleased to meet with Scott today for the first time at Stafford. His 860GT was on the Ducati Club stand and I was absolutely bowled over by the quality of restoration he's done on this bike. Not just me though - he won 2nd Prize in the show!
It really put my modest effort in it's place and was a real pleasure to see such a quality refurbishment. Well done Scott!

IMG_0992.JPG


IMG_0991.JPG
 
I see Scott has been hiding his light under a bushel!

That is magnificent!

I never forgot seeing one like this when it was nearly new outside the 'Embassy' Cinema in Esher, talking with the owner and seeing it blast off into the darkness. As I was driving a Puch 125 at the time, it was quite exciting for me :embarassed:.
 
It's real quality Paul. He even managed to find a NOS wiring loom and fusebox for less than I paid for the bits from Vehicle Wiring Products. A really great job.
 
More detailed photos would be great, can't really gauge how good the restoration is from these 2 photos.
 
Wow, what a stupendous effort made there, well done Scott!

Hey buddy, let me know if you ever break it for spares as most of that matches my bike.. :whistle: :D
 
The only problem I can see with such a lovely restoration is I'd want to ride it which would be mad :fou:.

Also, I can't help myself, I always look for ways to 'improve' :freak: things - although the result is moot.
 
Stafford Show

Thank you all for your kind word's, and to be honest I was really surprised also by this 2nd place in the classic class at Stafford yesterday. It just go to show that even as some say the most ugly Ducati bevel vee twin can win a prize!.

But the bigger challange lay ahead how does 6 bikes fit in a swb tranny with binder twine and the like as we run out of straps! as some old Duffer went and purchased to race bikes fae the auction, talk about a tight fit.

Scott
 
...It just go to show that even as some say the most ugly Ducati bevel vee twin can win a prize!...

Hey! Let's get something straight here, that bike is NOT ugly, it's a thing of beauty, or so I keep telling my ol' girl! ;)
 
Dear All, This is the "Auld Duffer" calling,

Aye, twa new race bikes winged their way up North on the young Loon's trailer, a Ducati 125 and an Aermacchi 250 flanking the Monza Junior. Deal was I refrain from retelling my experience of 160 ownership otherwise the 125 and 250 straps would be cut to lighten the load for the Shap and Glenshee.
Strange how a missed Aermacchi purchase in 1966 from Joe Furneaux led to my affilliation with Ducati and that affliction with the Monza Junior. The 160 was purchased from Alex George's dad's shop in Glasgow for younger brother to learn the trade and pass the test. I'd to dust down the 250 badged 350 BSA I'd used for the test years earlier for young brother for his pass certificate so "reliable" was that wee 160. Funny enough it didn't entirely besmirch Duguid Bros. of the mark as both remain members of Clan Ducatisti !

Slangevar fellow Cheils !
 
Back
Top Bottom