Prostate cancer, a word of warning!

Fight the streets Fmd

Elite Member
Subscriber
So guys, just a word of advice for all the youngsters like me, at only 55 I didn’t think I had a particular worry on this front, but remembering my dad being first diagnosed in his early 60’s and then losing him quite young because of it had prompted me since turning 50 to make myself a nuisance at the GP, after a slightly raised PSA reading again for the second consecutive year I insisted on a MRI, much moaning about my PSA not being high enough for that, and me having a “friendly” chat with the practice manager resulted in a referral to the urologist consultant who shared my opinion that action was required, and promptly secured a urgent MRI appointment for me, subsequently this came back with abnormalities and a week later I had my biopsy, that was today.
So now is is 4 weeks of waiting.
Moral of this story is get yourself checked guys, don’t just rely on a PSA test, it’s not good enough, you really need a MRI👍
 
I can't remember what bought this on and it may of been just routine at fifty-five years old, but the result was a camera stuck up my arse at Stroud hospital and I was invited to have a watch on a huge the monitor in the room. I told them that the program was a load of shit, but nobody else thought it funny. You don't get an "all clear" but just told to wait patiently for the letter.

Dunno when the NHS will develop an unhealthy interest in my arse again, but I could do with out it!

The only positive about my big motorbike accident, was that as opinion is that I am going to die soon, a camera up the arse is not really required
 
So guys, just a word of advice for all the youngsters like me, at only 55 I didn’t think I had a particular worry on this front, but remembering my dad being first diagnosed in his early 60’s and then losing him quite young because of it had prompted me since turning 50 to make myself a nuisance at the GP, after a slightly raised PSA reading again for the second consecutive year I insisted on a MRI, much moaning about my PSA not being high enough for that, and me having a “friendly” chat with the practice manager resulted in a referral to the urologist consultant who shared my opinion that action was required, and promptly secured a urgent MRI appointment for me, subsequently this came back with abnormalities and a week later I had my biopsy, that was today.
So now is is 4 weeks of waiting.
Moral of this story is get yourself checked guys, don’t just rely on a PSA test, it’s not good enough, you really need a MRI👍
Good luck with the results FTS and thanks for the heads up (y)
 
Back
Top Bottom