Sad Day : Need some selling advice

bryanc

New member
Although I'm not 100% certain, it looks likely I'll be selling my bike just through lack of use - a two year old has curtailed my ability to ride out.

It is a Jan '12 monster 796 with ABS and only 1800 miles on it.

What I was wondering was, other than posting on this forum, where would you advise the best place to advertise it would be. I'm reluctant to do eBay as I know what I think its worth and don't think eBay is necessarily the best place to achieve its true value.

Let me know what you think.
 
How much are you looking for for it?


The thing about Ebay is that it's marketed as a place to find a bargain.
People don't go on Ebay looking to pay full market value for something.
 
After taking a little advice. Given the Corse body kit, the v low mileage (1800) and the the fact it is as new, Id say for £5700 someone would be getting a bargain. It needs to be riden and not just loved. It is a cracking bike.

eBay is not really an option. Ive been advised to use Bike Trader but I think Gumtree is the best starting point to guage interest.
 
you could try ian murray in loanhead.he could sell it for you and remove all the tyre kickers with strange views on your bikes value
 
Good idea. I'll give him a call. I had tried Ducati Glasgow but their used bikes are piling up so they said they'd not be able to at present.

Thanks for that.
Bryan
 
I've had some good results using Gumtree...Sold both my previous bikes on there within 72 hours...You still get the usual tyre kickers and time wasters, but it's free at least

After taking a little advice. Given the Corse body kit, the v low mileage (1800) and the the fact it is as new, Id say for £5700 someone would be getting a bargain. It needs to be riden and not just loved. It is a cracking bike.

eBay is not really an option. Ive been advised to use Bike Trader but I think Gumtree is the best starting point to guage interest.
 
Try motorcycle news. I have sold three bikes with them in the last twelve months. Prices for the ads are reasonable and you get serious buyers not timewasters. I have got within a couple of hundred pounds of the asking price on each and sold within two weeks. I would certainly recommend it. Good luck with your sale.
 
Thanks to everyone. Will get the bike dusted off this weekend and get some decent pics. Will go for gumtree as a starting point whilst keeping the other options on the back burner.
 
Back
Top Bottom