Scooter as a second?

Noobie

Elite Member
Subscriber
Being a bigger lad, most of my bikes have been on the bigger size and mostly sports tourers. Riding them just for around town rides seemed a faff so I also had at various times, a Scooter as well. It seemed to be the perfect match, scooter for local, bike for beyond. If go beyond the learner scooters, there are quite a few decent ones to be had, even second hand.

Anyway, just an example of how new ones have improved.

Peugeot adventure style XP400

Peugeot XP400 scooter ridden off road


 
Being a bigger lad, most of my bikes have been on the bigger size and mostly sports tourers. Riding them just for around town rides seemed a faff so I also had at various times, a Scooter as well. It seemed to be the perfect match, scooter for local, bike for beyond. If go beyond the learner scooters, there are quite a few decent ones to be had, even second hand.

Anyway, just an example of how new ones have improved.

Peugeot adventure style XP400

Peugeot XP400 scooter ridden off road


Noobie, are you indeed ?
 
😂 I wish I had his hair but not his teeth. I did see aerosmith at the Buffalo Chip at the Sturgis Rally in 2009. Great show, right up until he fell off the stage and broke his shoulder. :D
 
😂 I wish I had his hair but not his teeth. I did see aerosmith at the Buffalo Chip at the Sturgis Rally in 2009. Great show, right up until he fell off the stage and broke his shoulder. :D
I saw them 3 times in the 80` and 90`s, they were great live , their early music was gritty and raw.
I notice you didn`t answer the question though so are you getting back in the saddle ? Bike not bird as per the lyrics.
 
I saw them 3 times in the 80` and 90`s, they were great live , their early music was gritty and raw.
I notice you didn`t answer the question though so are you getting back in the saddle ? Bike not bird as per the lyrics.

I doubt it. More likely to buy a project just to tinker
 
Something like this ?

They use those crappy plastic fuel connectors too :whistle:

 
I'm thinking of getting an old Honda Cub when the time comes and I sell my LC - s'funny how at thirteen I started with one (1968) and might just finish my riding days with one ;)

s-l1600.jpg


 
They use those crappy plastic fuel connectors too :whistle:


Air Con has hijacked exi's account for blatant capitalism :D
 
I'm thinking of getting an old Honda Cub when the time comes and I sell my LC - s'funny how at thirteen I started with one (1968) and might just finish my riding days with one ;)

s-l1600.jpg


The Cub you posted yesterday was the one Ron.
 
Being a bigger lad, most of my bikes have been on the bigger size and mostly sports tourers. Riding them just for around town rides seemed a faff so I also had at various times, a Scooter as well. It seemed to be the perfect match, scooter for local, bike for beyond. If go beyond the learner scooters, there are quite a few decent ones to be had, even second hand.

Anyway, just an example of how new ones have improved.

Peugeot adventure style XP400

Peugeot XP400 scooter ridden off road


231kg dry? That sounds heavy
 
I'm thinking of getting an old Honda Cub when the time comes and I sell my LC - s'funny how at thirteen I started with one (1968) and might just finish my riding days with one ;)

s-l1600.jpg


Had one of these a couple of years ago. Mine was the C70 with only < 6k miles on the clock. I sold it for £1200 if memory serves 😖

E6FD8A8C-44B3-4FC4-9CBB-EB8B318A56A6.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom