Scrambler review in MCS&L

Some custom Scramblers already...

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/01/...i-scramblers-revealed-verona-motor-bike-expo/

012315-deus-ex-machina-custom-ducati-scrambler-hondo-grattan-19-_G208703_def.jpg


012315-mr-martini-custom-ducati-scrambler-cafe-racer-34-03_Scrambler-Caffe-Racer.jpg


012315-officine-mermaid-custom-ducati-scrambler-scratch-32-01_Scratch.jpg
 
Good little video there, certainly enlightening that Ducati are attempting to entice the flaky David Beckham loving posers into biking. To me the Scrambler looks good and I like the back to basics ethos, pity though they do not at the moment appear to be catering for the serious bike rider who may want to up the power level and general all round performance of his/her machine.
 
They have another range with six bikes in it for those people... the guy in the video was thinking like a buyer and not like a seller!

yes, I understand that, but feel it would be good to be doing the same with the Scrambler. No doubt there will be companies producing aftermarket parts soon in a similar way that there are for the Hinckley Bonneville.
 
I think you've missed the point about the Scrambler Chris. It's meant to be a simple fun bike that anybody can get on with. It's not about power, speed nor technology. it's back to basics and simplicity, something that has largely been forgotten about with current bikes and bikers who have become obsessed with power speed and gee-whizzery. It uses the same 803cc engine as the Monster 796 but it has been deliberately detuned to improve it's torque and low to mid-range characteristics.
And yes, undoubtedly there will be lots of aftermarket goodies. Ducati themselves have made it readily customisable with a range exhausts, seats, bars, mudguards, tank panels, belly panel, frame plugs etc. In fact customising was one of their aims. The aftermarket will expand on this and no doubt tuning parts will appear to but every rider will have their own take on it.
 
I read somewhere the scrambler has 75 Bhp, if this is correct I'm sure that would be good fun on a bike of this type!
 
Yes, the 796 engine has been fitted with a single 50mm throttle body and the power reduced from 86 (correction 87) to 75 bhp. I agree that that should be plenty for it.
 
Last edited:
I'd seen that a week or so Miles but had seen nothing to substantiate it. The article you've posted puts a bit more weight behind the possiblity. A 500 single scrambler I can visage, I'm not so sure about a 1200 though. A water-cooled detuned version of the Diavel/MTS engine doesn't fit with what the Scrambler purports to be.
I'd imagine a single could be easily made by using the rear cylinder from the existing air-cooled twins on the lines of the Borile

borile-b450-scrambler-5.jpg

(Which may explain Ducati's recent legal issue with Borile http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?21227-Borile-450-Scrambler-Taken-Down-by-Court-Decision-after-Ducati-Sues&highlight=


Or it might be an updated version of the Utah. :eek:

2d7136d6ce.jpg
 
I'd seen that a week or so Miles but had seen nothing to substantiate it. The article you've posted puts a bit more weight behind the possiblity.

I think they dust of the "new Ducati single" rumour at the start of every year.

As for the big scrambler - maybe they'll make it an aircooled model. I know EU regs are changing but there is the rest of the world.
 
I don't think you would need the extra disc up front - with the 1200 engine in the front wheel would never be on the ground anyway :eek:
 
Quote Originally Posted by Derek
Here you are Graeme. I just fitted an extra disc and changed the swinging arm to single sider while I was at it as most people would expect that on a 1200.

I'd buy that (subject to available funds, of course)
********************************************************************************************************************

:p Available funds ............NIL/NONE/NANE/NOWT :twak:
 
New engine options planned for Scrambler... including a single?!

http://therideadvice.com/two-new-engine-capacities-coming-ducati-scrambler/

This style of biking has really started to appeal to me lately, I've looked at Kawasaki, Triumph, Yamaha etc and none appeal. There is a striking little 250cc single from Herald Motorcycle, the BUT being that it's Chinese. It would be nice to have a 500cc single Scrambler hanging from the back of my motorhome rather than my current 848 SF. So I'm hoping the rumours are true and I'll keep my money in my pocket for the time being and my fingers crossed
 
Back
Top Bottom