Solid Double white lines

PeteDuke

New member
On my way into work last week. On a B road the B6265 to be exact, there is a long system of solid double white lines, in my opinion unnecessary in places, but nevertheless they are there.
On Friday I came behind a slow moving tractor, so I waited for a safe place to overtake, and did so, in the far distance was a white van which turned out to be a Police van, I did not impede or cause the van to adjust speed it was so far away, but what surprised me was the cop wagged his finger at me !!
As far as I was aware I was doing nothing wrong. The tractor was only going very slow, I did not impede anyone, the only thing that I was doing 'wrong' was crossing solid white lines, but I thought I was ok doing so.
Can any one enlighten me was I wrong or not .
 
If it was a "road maintenance" tractor, you're in the clear.

Alternatively, it's possible you thought you saw the turning to your pals house on the right, but by the time you realised you'd made a mistake you had to made an overtake to reduce the danger to yourself and the tractor driver ;)
 
or...

Due to your immense skills that come with Ducati ownership, you were able to pass, safely, between the tractor and the white line without hindering traffic flow.
 
Unless it was me on my old Dexta which struggles to reach 10mph you were well in the wrong lol
To be fair I always thought it was less than 20mph was ok but apparently not anymore
 
I once met some guys who had spent 3 days in jail, because they had crossed double white lines in Switzerland!:eek:
 
Back
Top Bottom