Something a little different

DrD

New member
No exactly what I would have built but different all the same:
10369113_943278389033554_6156242263473062848_n.jpg
 
Bloody heck! It's different OK. A bit too retro for me, like a 1920s board track racer. Although I do like the maroon frame
From what I see it has a rigid frame with girder forks, friction damping and a friction steering damper, reversed levers, Amal TT carbs a double-sided front brake with TLS on each side (possibly a Fontana) and the wheel rims are quite large, at least 19" if not 21". There a few interesting touches, like the battery in the leather case in front of the rear wheel and the wee tool bag fastened with a leather strap below the saddle at the rear of the tank. It will also be effing loud. This bike was certainly not built for practicality.
 
That is deeply fabulous, got any more info about it?


(Practicality has never troubled my biking interests:D )
 
I tried doing a Google search for that bike but couldn't find it. I did find these rather uninspiring bikes...

MC.BoomTubeFlyer.530.jpg


Il+Conte.JPG


This one's a but more interesting though, although not a Ducati.
_PET8328.JPG

_PET8351.jpg
 
Thats even nicer when you look at the other photos, shame they had to stick some girl on it as she hides some of the detail.:D

I love the copper pipes, wonder how robust they'd be in regular use though?

The cooler shroud is a lesson to those guys building the new MV retro that Miles posted up.
Brass 'zip ties'?, very considered on that gorgeous deep vintage red colour.

Pretty much making it my favourite ever custom build I think.

( Its registered for the road y'now- though currently sorn'd, as I checked it's numberplate on the dvla website before you posted up the later link, that gives it massive points ahead of a lot of the show pony builds that could never be legally taken out on a public road, though they're probably pushing their luck with those pipes.;) )
 
( Its registered for the road y'now- though currently sorn'd, as I checked it's numberplate on the dvla website before you posted up the later link, that gives it massive points ahead of a lot of the show pony builds that could never be legally taken out on a public road, though they're probably pushing their luck with those pipes. )

Fair enough but I would be more impressed with a picture of somebody actually riding it round a bend, a roundabout would do. Until then it still comes under art. Very well executed art I must say but still art.
 
Fair enough but I would be more impressed with a picture of somebody actually riding it round a bend, a roundabout would do. Until then it still comes under art. Very well executed art I must say but still art.

Cant see any reason it wont corner well, it's tyres are about the same size as my Morini 350, suspension(or lack of) may make it a bit harsh on the road though and I'd imagine that would be the most limiting factor. Though I'd also like to see pics of it actually being used, it's still more of a real world build than many of the things that are displayed at various show or builders websites, the mere fact that it still looks this elegant with all it's legal lights and plates attached gives it more kudos in my eyes, too many of these specials are unfinished display pieces that wouldn't look half as special when some of the basic bits for street use have been fitted.
 
Back
Top Bottom