DavidW
New member
Just before Christmas 2013 I noticed paint blistering/ distortion on the plastic fuel tank of my Multistrada MTS1000 (57 plated, manufactured 2004 according to the harnesses and plastics).
D-UK told me to discuss with DG and the bike went to them in early Jan 2014 for review of the (part) service history and condition of the low mileage bike.
Despite the fact that the bike was well out of warranty the Ducati factory agreed that the tank would be replaced as a goodwill gesture.
Whilst there is no information or analysis on the ethanol content, all the local petrol suppliers I spoke to said that fuel is E0 or E5 and there is no E10 in the network (yet).
I would like to thank Martin and George at DG for their support and the staff at the D-UK and in Italy.
I'm encouraged to see that the dealers and factory are supporting owners when the bikes are clearly out of warranty.
Based on this excellent customer service experience I'm pretty sure my subsequent bikes will also be red -or at least related to a red one but faster.
Thanks again, David W.
D-UK told me to discuss with DG and the bike went to them in early Jan 2014 for review of the (part) service history and condition of the low mileage bike.
Despite the fact that the bike was well out of warranty the Ducati factory agreed that the tank would be replaced as a goodwill gesture.
Whilst there is no information or analysis on the ethanol content, all the local petrol suppliers I spoke to said that fuel is E0 or E5 and there is no E10 in the network (yet).
I would like to thank Martin and George at DG for their support and the staff at the D-UK and in Italy.
I'm encouraged to see that the dealers and factory are supporting owners when the bikes are clearly out of warranty.
Based on this excellent customer service experience I'm pretty sure my subsequent bikes will also be red -or at least related to a red one but faster.
Thanks again, David W.