Two strokes to make a comeback?

The latest injection 2-stroke tech is very good.
My boat outboard, a 225HP V6 2-Stroke Mercury Optimax, injects fuel into a separate 'Holding Chamber' before mixing it with high pressure air and injecting it into the combustion Chamber.
Obviously it's complicated, and you have a very high pressure air compressor hanging off the engine as well as a fuel pump etc.
But my engine is over 10yrs old, and meets the California emissions standards for Outboards, beating most of the 4 stroke competition.

I've been waiting for other applications to adopt it.

Nasher.
 
@Robarano did you restore your LC or buy it as it is?

Bought it like this. The only thing I've done is buy a Guiliari seat for it. (y)

Better.webp
 
I ran my Suzuki GP100 on Castrol R when I was 17 because I thought anything with "racing" in the name might make it faster. It didn't. It fucked it and it seized.
 
Back
Top Bottom