Tyre Changing

PeteDuke

New member
My 848 is currently run on Bridgestones. But needing a new front. The rear is really good.
I was thinking of changing to Dunlops or Metzlers, but that would mean having odd make tyres, front and rear, I am wondering if this is not a good idea.
Any thoughts please.
 
It has to happen sooner or later as the front and back never wear out at the same rate. It's never bothered me, although if changing brands it's better to go for one with a similar profile to what you have on.
 
I've mixed and matched numerous makes of tyre on road and race bikes without any problems, as Derek pointed out the profile tends to affect handling more than make and/or compound or tread pattern.
 
Just done this on the Monster, now have a Michelin Pilot Road 2 rear and Michelin Pilot road front. Mixing makes of tyres shouldn't cause you any problems.
 
Back
Top Bottom