WARNING MTS1200 owners: CHECK YOUR FRONT BRAKE HOSES!

Derek

Elite Member
Subscriber
I was checking over the bike this week and I found this :eek:

DSCF7093.JPG

DSCF7094.JPG


It's the crossover line from the left to right front calipers that is routed beneath the front mudguard and located in a channel in the black rear section.
I had heard of this happening on others bikes but the last time I checked, last winter, it was fine with no signs of abrasion. Just as well I looked now. Another line is on order and I'll take preventative action to stop this ever happening again.

If you own a 1200 Multistrada have a look at the crossover line on both sides, just where it goes under the edge of the red section of the mudguard.
 
Last edited:
The mileage is 28,000. The hose has been fretting on the underside of the mudguard.
 
Thanks Derek can see them now - Factory recall???

Queer. All I did was edit the post re-inserting the original images. :confused:
I've passed the info onto Ducati Glasgow who will also advise Ducati UK. If dealers are alerted to it and a few more show up it could/should be the subject of a recall. From what I can make out from other forums it seems to be more of a problem with the extended rear mudguard, which I think is a standard fitment on UK models.
 
Back
Top Bottom