Whilst I've been down South ...

ey up old timer:lol2:

Those bikes are breeding nicely :D

I've still got a 998 shaped ornament in the garage. Just need to be careful it doesn't accidently end up in a skip as most of the garage contents need to make a one way trip to the tip.

Been distracted by a bellowing V8 since last November:eek:

too much to do...........so little time to do it............situation normal:o

Ray
 
Ray,

I just can't stop buddy ..... I hope all is well with you and the family, it has been far too long mate.

Yorkie
 
Yesterday was another learning day, hand tools hurt. I did a little bit of fettling for the Cafe Racer project, I made a Corse style clutch case using a hand drill and various files.

Marked up:



Drilled out:



Filed down and finished:



All ready for powder-coating. I just need to decide what the next one will look like.

Yorkie
 
Nearly 6 months since I played with this project, that's the drama with doing two projects at once.

So with the Monster waiting for an oil scraper ring or a Hi-comp piston replacement for the ST2 engine I decided to crack on with this for a bit.

This is the end result that I want for the rear end, so a bit more cutting and shaping was needed:



I cut the frame at the rear some more and made some shaped pieces to finish off where the frames meet:



Rear frame brace shaped and test fitted:





It looks a little like Frankenstein's Monster but it will be tidied up once it is properly welded :



With the exhaust mount in place:



With the bodywork fitted it looks okay:





It really is coming together....

Yorkie
 
Back
Top Bottom