World superbike mods

Chiz

Elite Member
Watching World superbikes at Assen. I thought that superbikes had to be similar to the road version, well bodywork anyway . The Ducati is now running with a normal exhaust system compared to the system that sits in the belly pan.
Is this not a breach of the rules
 
I doubt it or scrutineering wouldn't let them race - I very much doubt such an obvious mechanical difference would go un noticed - Im not sure of the relevant rule though

Have you noticed Shakey's exhaust in BSB - the exhaust ports are at the front of the collector box not the rear - looks weird but kinda cool, you can see the reworked plumbing when he's tipped over :cool:


26400268701_2317e28e2a_z.jpg
[/url]Shakey-Spain-Test-4-570x380 by Andrew Howson, on Flickr[/IMG]

25861597364_05c7fc114e_b.jpg
[/url]f8aba5e40042d742c9d26d15d92da0aa by Andrew Howson, on Flickr[/IMG]
 
I thought it was a valid question as the belly pan is smaller and therefore making the bike more aerodynamic I assume.
 
Would be interesting to see what mods you are allowed compared to the road version you need to produce to enter the series.
 
It was a good question Chiz, I was hoping one of the racers might have had a more technical answer, all I know about the belly pan on the Panigale is that it still has to have the carbon tray fitted to catch any oil, regardless of what type of exhaust, it was an interview with Byrne I think he was impressed with the engineering to get everything to fit in there
 
My last thought on this one - Is this Akrapovic also testing the future road cans for the next gen 1299 - If the 959 has had to ditch the underbelly system to get through Euro 4 compliance then I'm assuming when the 1299 has to pass Euro 4 as well which i think will be 2017 then the underbelly system will also be too dirty or loud or whatever?
 
Back
Top Bottom