Yellow 749 A94

I was up your way adjusting some clocks back to GMT. Started off going to Kinross services (forgot wallet, had to phone the old man to get him to pay for it), nearly met my maker when some @@@@ in a car tried to block me in whilst overtaking another car (3 abreast on M90 :eek: ) up to Ranalds house to scran £25 for fuel and munchies (cheers pal) then off to Auchterarder, Crieff, Aylth, Kirriemuir, Forfar, Edzell then home. @@@@ed down all the way from Perth to house.

All in all.............a nice wee run. :thumbs:
 
It was MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :D
It was probably you I saw heading south on the A90 between Forfar and Dundee about 4.15 then. I was going the other way on the ST4s. You'd probably have noticed the HID headlamp.:)
 
Remember, it's Davie you're talking about - he wouldn't have seen you unless you were waving tenners at him
 
It was probably you I saw heading south on the A90 between Forfar and Dundee about 4.15 then. I was going the other way on the ST4s. You'd probably have noticed the HID headlamp.:)

I was keeping an eye out for you Derek.....I had a feeling that we were going to bump into each other.

TBH......I was getting cold and I was concentrating on the road for most of the journey back. I thought about popping in unannounced to see if you could "lend" me £25 as well.......
;)
 
TBH......I was getting cold and I was concentrating on the road for most of the journey back. I thought about popping in unannounced to see if you could "lend" me £25 as well.......
;)
You're welcome to pop in announced, but you'll be hard pushed to find a spare £25 in my wallet :D
 
You're welcome to pop in announced, but you'll be hard pushed to find a spare £25 in my wallet :D

Will try and do that next time......I could do with a free healthy lunch when Im doing the Angus area. ;) Theres only so many Mickey D's you can eat in a day.
 
Will try and do that next time......I could do with a free healthy lunch when Im doing the Angus area. ;) Theres only so many Mickey D's you can eat in a day.
Well if you let me know when you're coming I'll get in the bridies specially :D:D:D
 
Well if you let me know when you're coming I'll get in the bridies specially :D:D:D

A wee plate of that carrot and corriander soup wouldnt go amiss either. A bit of garlic mind, that wasnt on the recipe I got. ;)

What sort of mind have you got Stewart? :rolleyes:

Nah. Davie hates Forfar Bridies. At least he thinks he does - I reckon he went to the wrong shop.

Am I right in thinking there is only 2 bakers that do them? I think you mentioned it before. :confused:
 
Am I right in thinking there is only 2 bakers that do them? I think you mentioned it before. :confused:
More or less - Saddlers and MacLarens. The Coop and a few wee bakers do them as well but results are variable, bridies should never have flaky pastry.
For future reference Davie, Saddlers are right across the road from the steeple and their bridies are crap. Maclarens are down the road a bit on the same side as the steeple and their bridies are superb. I reckon you went to Saddlers because you'd be too lazy to walk further than across the road. :p
 
More or less - Saddlers and MacLarens. The Coop and a few wee bakers do them as well but results are variable, bridies should never have flaky pastry.
For future reference Davie, Saddlers are right across the road from the steeple and their bridies are crap. Maclarens are down the road a bit on the same side as the steeple and their bridies are superb. I reckon you went to Saddlers because you'd be too lazy to walk further than across the road. :p

Thats what I thought.......and your right.....I was too lazy to walk the 50 odd yards to the other one. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom