Cool 😎 Strange 🤪 or obscure 🙃 / interesting things...

More or less my Dad's advice when I told him I was being bullied at primary school. Knock his teeth out, he said. Sound advice that stood me in good stead.

I was bullied by a group that were 3 years older at high school and took the same bus home every day. Nothing major, didn’t get physical at that point. But met two of them a few years later in a local pub when I’d be 17 and them 20.
Ended up going outside, and leathered the main guy.
His pal jumped on my back at one point as I was pummelling his mate, but my mate dragged him off. My mate wasn’t a known scrapper but he was a proper mate and did what was necessary.

The guy I smashed used to work at a petrol station soon after that me and my dad used to fill up at (we drove to and from work at that time because I was still living at home, and working for him) and things were ok with the ex bully.
He seemed to realise he’d been a Guinness, and that I could twat him if I wanted to. Funny how things work out. He was nice as pie after getting battered 😁
 
I was bullied by a group that were 3 years older at high school and took the same bus home every day. Nothing major, didn’t get physical at that point. But met two of them a few years later in a local pub when I’d be 17 and them 20.
Ended up going outside, and leathered the main guy.
His pal jumped on my back at one point as I was pummelling his mate, but my mate dragged him off. My mate wasn’t a known scrapper but he was a proper mate and did what was necessary.

The guy I smashed used to work at a petrol station soon after that me and my dad used to fill up at (we drove to and from work at that time because I was still living at home, and working for him) and things were ok with the ex bully.
He seemed to realise he’d been a Guinness, and that I could twat him if I wanted to. Funny how things work out. He was nice as pie after getting battered 😁
Most bullying is hierarchical. The master kicks the dog, the dog bites the cat, the cat kills the mouse. Most bullies were once bullied themselves.
I am the youngest of three brothers. It was always generally friends of my older brothers who tried to bully me at school because I was the junior. They usually came to regret it but actually I rarely had to fight-back because I was big and strong for my age and other kids learned to leave me alone and I was good at making people laugh which disarmed hostilities and then we generally all got on. But at home it was different. In my pre-teen years I was often mocked by my brothers for being "the baby of the family". That brought down the red mist and I was an absolute little cnut if my brothers goaded me too far. Today I'd probably have been put on some sort of anger managememt "pathway".
If I was pushed aside or belittled I turned into a psychotic monster. I once chased my middle brother David up the garden, incensed by some jibe, and felled him by slamming a length of wood into the small of his back. I then began punching his lights out. He was covered in blood and when my horrified mother pulled me off he couldn't get to his feet. Mum thought I'd broken his back.
Thing is though, these fraternal battles cured me of any desire for violence with strangers. I will defend myself at all costs but I have a dislike for physically hurting other people. I'd done all that at home and though I couldn't stop the red mist back then it always left a nasty taste in the mouth because they were my brothers and I didn't really want to hurt them. I just wanted to be accepted as an equal.

Today I don't see much of my brothers but we get on fine and I'd lay down my life for either of them (even my eldest, Toby who can be infuriating) because they're my flesh and blood and they're all I have. Funny how things work out.
 
Back
Top Bottom