Computer backup SSD

Hugo Magnus

Elite Member
Subscriber
5 years ago I was given a SanDisk 500GB SSD Disappointingly it has ceased to function.

Any recommendations for a more reliable replacement please?
 
1724232930580.webp
 
Not at all as I use an older external hard drive as a backup backup.

Don’t think it would really matter what make then, Sandisk and WD usually ok.

Could save yourself some time (rather than backing up to two drives) by getting a simple two bay NAS.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RA5
Network Attached Storage.

Small unit that takes internal SSD or HDD and connects to your network.

Basically mirrors the two drives, so if one fails you still have everything on the other drive and can just replace the failed drive.

Internal drives tend to be much cheaper.
 
or if you just want a drive you can get an enclosure for an internal drive that connects via USB, again cheaper to replace the drive if need be.

Drives that are designed for NAS should last longer in theory.
 
I wonder if it is not correctly formatted or set up? Follow the steps in this guide and that ought to get you back online. They can be a real pain until properly set up.

I'm running a Mac Book Pro.
 
Aaagh Mac books :D

I am in IT support but I hate Macs and Mac books with a passion lol. I actually bought one to see if it would cure my aversion ... it didn't. :)

I get there are many that love them, and for graphics etc they are great. My knowledge is pretty limited on em though. Sorry, I can't be of more help. EXCEPT to suggest you ask someone with a PC to try it to check if it works on those and see if it is actually formatted.
 
Back
Top Bottom