Its been down a long time !!!

My mate had an avatar like that once, but it wasn't his arm, and he sprouted a moustache somehow :confused:
 
dseered said:
Its down alright !

well, I can't say much today, took me a bit longer than I planned to upgrade, thought it was a 2 minute job, turned it into a 15 minute one as I overwrote a couple of key files so had to go hunting in the backups. :( lesson learnt anyway
 
It's currently burning, up on axle stands on some rough council estate after having the @@@@ kicked out of it for the past couple of days ;)
 
That broken record appears to be on the turntable again.... looks like it's dropped off again from here :thumbsdown:
 
Freak said:
That broken record appears to be on the turntable again.... looks like it's dropped off again from here :thumbsdown:

i think it'll be a topic of discussion at the AGM Jon, it has to be one of the most unreliable server/BB softwares I've ever used, thats not criticism of those trying to keep it going but it does need an update. I look at the features i've implemented here with absolutely no knowledge of servers or programming and there's no reason it couldn't be as good if not better given the depth of knowledge available in a bigger club.
 
Aye, as you have said it's pretty much "the" bulletin board/forum package to have, when you've got the userbase say as Visordown has (which uses Vbulletin) it's more than capable of running the DSC
 
Freak said:
Aye, as you have said it's pretty much "the" bulletin board/forum package to have, when you've got the userbase say as Visordown has (which uses Vbulletin) it's more than capable of running the DSC

And UK Monster uses vbulletin to run their whole site, for £100 fort he branded copy its got t o be the best option given the wealth of development and support vbulletin.org offers. Little bits like the collapsing quote thing and map come from there, its all hacks and not fully working yet but it adds to the forums and i know it'll be included in future releases, they still can't tell me how to get a 7 and 14 day event reminder in the calendar though :(
 
Well I've just gotten in and seen it down. Some of you guys have my mobile number so just drop me a text - I may tell you to pish off ;) but at least I'll know!

I've taken on board the comments above, especially yours Michael. Some very valid points that have been raised in the Webteam and something we're looking at. To be honest it just seems to be bad timing for the three of us as I've just taken on another project at work so I'm the lead design authority for two projects with multi-million pound spends each ... some of you will also know there's a lot going on in my personal life as well at the moment. Flanker has taken a new job at work as well and is really busy and Eamonn wanders from customer site to customer site so it's easy to see how it happens.

I don't say the above because I believe you're criticising me or the rest of the webteam directly but obviously I feel personally responsible for the state of the website. There's a lot going on behind the scenes of the DSC at the moment and I've recently become heavily involved in that as well - hopefully when all of this CRAP settles down we'll get it sorted.

The DSC is a GREAT club guys and it's times like these when great clubs need their great members to stand up and be counted. Some of you guys on here are those great members so please don't abandon us just yet!

Having said all that, I really like what Michaal has done over here with DuN I think it's got a great vibe :D

Keep up the great work!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom