Its been down a long time !!!

T P said:
Well I've just gotten in and seen it down. Some of you guys have my mobile number so just drop me a text - I may tell you to pish off ;) but at least I'll know!

I do, I never tapped it in though so its still on a U2U on the DSC, Gumnf, will save it now !
 
I don't think anything is aimed at the webteam Tony, its more the allocation of dsc resources and priorities..... The club is growing and needs to look at what is important, 4 td's a year or a website that works and attracts members? I'm aware of the changes hopefully it'll make all the webteams life easier.


to give you an idea on this software, i've had 15 minutes downtime since it started and that was an upgrade which next time will take 5 minutes as i overwrote a config file, other than that not one server restart, no crashes, no work on my part. Freak has a couple of numbers just in case as i'm away working next week but i'm not expecting any problems. it costs £100 or can be leased annually, server could move to same as mine, small company, great service and who care, i did that as i knew i wouldnt have time to fix problems, I've added the hacks, map, themes which is where the real time comes in. if you want i'll set you up as admin so you can see what is involved.
 
Well, hopefully no tin hats required so fingers crossed.

Gizmo said:
I don't think anything is aimed at t\he webteam Tony, its more the allocation of dsc resources and priorities..... The club is growing and needs to look at what is important, 4 td's a year or a website that works and attracts members? I'm aware of the changes hopefully it'll make all the webteams life easier.


to give you an idea on this software, i've had 15 minutes downtime since it started and that was an upgrade which next time will take 5 minutes as i overwrote a config file, other than that not one server restart, no crashes, no work on my part. Freak has a couple of numbers just in case as i'm away working next week but i'm not expecting any problems. it costs £100 or can be leased annually, server could move to same as mine, small company, great service and who care, i did that as i knew i wouldnt have time to fix problems, I've added the hacks, map, themes which is where the real time comes in. if you want i'll set you up as admin so you can see what is involved.

Michael, I honestly didn't take any offense or anything, even slightly, at the comments in this thread. You're right about the clubs resources etc and that's exactly why I think we CAN run 4 track days AND have a website that works. We need to manage it a bit better. As for the website, as a famous man once said "I'm on the muthafcuka" .. or something like that ;)

I would like to take you up on that offer of an admin account to have a look around etc - that's a very generous offer thank you.
 
Tony, you've now got admin rights, use the admin login at the bottom right and see how it compares. vbulletin.com and org are good places to start if you want more info.

if the DSC can find enough willing bodies it can run 4 TD's but I'm not certain 1) the demand is there for 4 and i feel its high risk 2) there's enough willing bodies to do that, DD and run a club with regional meets and rideouts, pronto,website something has to give.

there has got to be a more efficient way of using the various Ducati club resources, I don't know how but it seems crazy the DSC will struggle to do 4 TD's, UK monster have already sent a letter out asking members to sign up or they'll have to cancel and DOC run TD's so thats 6 Ducati only TD's in a shortish season. Add in 4 websites and the time involved and there has to be benefits in combining or affiliating various sections of the clubs.
 
Gizmo said:
Tony, you've now got admin rights, use the admin login at the bottom right and see how it compares. vbulletin.com and org are good places to start if you want more info.

Oh dear, lookout! I've got admin rights on another forum! :D

I'll have a few of these :beer: and see what havoc I can wreak ;) Ha!

Actually, I've just spent the last ten minutes browsing through the admincp and it's definitely a more feature rich product out of the box and easy to navigate. The DSC admincp is easy to navigate as well, but not as many features etc - some stuff we have but Eamonn has coded it in. I'll keep having a look around and check out the websites.

Gizmo said:
if the DSC can find enough willing bodies it can run 4 TD's but I'm not certain 1) the demand is there for 4 and i feel its high risk 2) there's enough willing bodies to do that, DD and run a club with regional meets and rideouts, pronto,website something has to give.

there has got to be a more efficient way of using the various Ducati club resources, I don't know how but it seems crazy the DSC will struggle to do 4 TD's, UK monster have already sent a letter out asking members to sign up or they'll have to cancel and DOC run TD's so thats 6 Ducati only TD's in a shortish season. Add in 4 websites and the time involved and there has to be benefits in combining or affiliating various sections of the clubs.

I agree with some of these comments but not all of them. Having said that and given the nature of what is currently going on I think it's best for me not to comment on any public website. I'd be more than happy to have a chat over the phone about it though. I'll PM you my mobile number - I'm going to busy today with the kids until about 8pm but if it's convenient for you we can chat then? I'll pop back in here every now and then during the day.

Thanks again for the admin access :) :thumbs: :hail:
 
so, I get in after a very long day - no internet since midday - thought I'd check my mails.

Got 7 u2u's noted in the 54 emails that came in this afternoon & eve- cant read them:mad: - how long has it been down for this time??

TP - not your fault mate, just grumpy at everyone tonight:mad:

C
 
AK & CK said:
so, I get in after a very long day - no internet since midday - thought I'd check my mails.

Got 7 u2u's noted in the 54 emails that came in this afternoon & eve- cant read them:mad: - how long has it been down for this time??

TP - not your fault mate, just grumpy at everyone tonight:mad:

C


Didn't note how long, just took on the go slow and slowly died a death, probably about 2 hours ?

Hope your well C&A
 
Back
Top Bottom