My Big Accident

A Monster+ isn't expensive! Cheap as chips they are!!!

IMG_1061.webp
 
Thanks for the link, that I have now read. I am going to take this up with my legal people as it is completely inappropriate!
View attachment 106634
Seek advice from your solicitor to put your mind at rest, but you are a long way from not having capacity and no one will be taking your liberty away in the near future.
On the scant information you have given I suspect that in the high court they have laid it on thick about your brain injury. As a result I suspect the court has recommended that you select people to have power of attorney to act for you should the day come your brain injury worsens and you lose capacity
Even though attorneys are appointed they have no power to interfere in your decision making while you have capacity.
You have to agree to the appointment of attorneys make sure you read the forms thoroughly so you understand what it means for you and them.
You can download the forms and read them at your leisure and I would suggest you do that before seeing your solicitor so you know what you are talking about and can ask pertinent questions
 
Seek advice from your solicitor to put your mind at rest, but you are a long way from not having capacity and no one will be taking your liberty away in the near future.
On the scant information you have given I suspect that in the high court they have laid it on thick about your brain injury. As a result I suspect the court has recommended that you select people to have power of attorney to act for you should the day come your brain injury worsens and you lose capacity
Even though attorneys are appointed they have no power to interfere in your decision making while you have capacity.
You have to agree to the appointment of attorneys make sure you read the forms thoroughly so you understand what it means for you and them.
You can download the forms and read them at your leisure and I would suggest you do that before seeing your solicitor so you know what you are talking about and can ask pertinent questions
"I suspect that in the high court they have laid it on thick about your brain injury."

They may well of done and that may be coming back to bite me. But I suppose that I can't have it both ways. I thought that the settlement was good. So good, that these things can happen. I have to remember that everyone is acting in my best interests, so what will be, will be, said Mr CalmNow
 
It has now been over six months since I went to London and we agreed a settlement with the other side. My solicitor then tried to close the case in the High Court on the basis that both sides had agreed a settlement. The High Court gave it a "Not so fast suckers, we need to sit on our asses for a few months/years/decades in order to do that piss-simple step of closing the case, due to both sides agreeing a settlement". But not so fast! The High Court is mad short of anything to do, so rather then close a case after both side agree on a settlement, this case needs to be dragged out for an indeterminate amount of time. Even if they agree with the settlement, It looks very unlikely that I will see the cash, as it will go into a trust, where I have to submit expense claims in order to receive back my own money. And it will not be invested properly, so will just lose value(n) Anyway, I've decided that I am not playing that game. When I lost my driving license, and had to put in claims every week for travel to driving lessons, the driving lessons, and things like going to my Mother's funeral, and all that that was a waste of time. Flushing the receipts down the toilet would have been just as effective!

Now, I wish my brother had used a more or less competent firm, who just get things done, as it looks like I will never see any money. If they live long lives, my kids might, but I won't:poop:!

If I wasn't lucky enough to inherit something, I would still be on Universal Credit! After five and a half years!

Signed,

Mr Bitter Bastid!
 
I feel for you (metaphorically speaking, of course).
My few dealings with the courts have left me with a bitter taste for (so called) justice.
It just makes you very cynical and untrusting. Which is very sad as there are so many fantastic people in the world.
 
It has now been over six months since I went to London and we agreed a settlement with the other side. My solicitor then tried to close the case in the High Court on the basis that both sides had agreed a settlement. The High Court gave it a "Not so fast suckers, we need to sit on our asses for a few months/years/decades in order to do that piss-simple step of closing the case, due to both sides agreeing a settlement". But not so fast! The High Court is mad short of anything to do, so rather then close a case after both side agree on a settlement, this case needs to be dragged out for an indeterminate amount of time. Even if they agree with the settlement, It looks very unlikely that I will see the cash, as it will go into a trust, where I have to submit expense claims in order to receive back my own money. And it will not be invested properly, so will just lose value(n) Anyway, I've decided that I am not playing that game. When I lost my driving license, and had to put in claims every week for travel to driving lessons, the driving lessons, and things like going to my Mother's funeral, and all that that was a waste of time. Flushing the receipts down the toilet would have been just as effective!

Now, I wish my brother had used a more or less competent firm, who just get things done, as it looks like I will never see any money. If they live long lives, my kids might, but I won't:poop:!

If I wasn't lucky enough to inherit something, I would still be on Universal Credit! After five and a half years!

Signed,

Mr Bitter Bastid!
Still waiting on my Asda case, equal pay and all that!! It's been going on for over ten years now and the case has been won by our side but now it's paperwork and red tape!!:rolleyes: They sent out an email to everyone at the beginning of 2022 with a fictional worker and it happened to match my claim, it was a nice tidy sum. I thought yes i should get a payout soon, then an email was sent out about a month after saying the case will run for another 2 years, i was fucking fuming, i think they fucked up as no doubt like me most people thought it's coming to an end.:mad: When i get the payout i will get 100% of the money as i was a member of law club at Asda, Asda fucked them off as Law club backed us.:ROFLMAO:
 
I feel for you (metaphorically speaking, of course).
My few dealings with the courts have left me with a bitter taste for (so called) justice.
It just makes you very cynical and untrusting. Which is very sad as there are so many fantastic people in the world.
The law in this country is a joke, the drunk driver and drugged up piece of crap that nearly killed me got 13 months!!:mad: I now have life changing injuries that in time will get worse while that Guinness is probably back on the road again by now!
 
The law in this country is a joke, the drunk driver and drugged up piece of crap that nearly killed me got 13 months!!:mad: I now have life changing injuries that in time will get worse while that Guinness is probably back on the road again by now!
Playing devils advocate here, what would you have done with the "drugged up piece of crap" had you been the judge?
 
Playing devils advocate here, what would you have done with the "drugged up piece of crap" had you been the judge?
If he had done that to me in the states he probably would of got 25 years and i would of got a shit ton of money!! At the end of the day judges, do have rules to go by but 13 months, he would of been out in 6!! When the whole case was over i got the full paperwork of the case and exactly 1 week before he hit me he was found pissed out of his head slumped over the steering wheel of his car the wrong way up a one way road. The police took him to hospital and it took 2 days to get a coherent statement out of him!! :rolleyes: When the case was running the police were not able to tell me as it was a separate case!!
 
Last edited:
You do realise Perry, as has been pointed out to you many times of various "My accident"threads, that this thread is on public display and not behind the paywall :unsure:
 
Have you told your brother or your solicitor Perry of your ambitions (in relation to future prospective purchases) ?
No, and it is all academic, anyway.

I won't be buying anything as I need to be careful with money. I need to keep self-sufficient, so that I can continue stuff like going swimming and gym with my monthly Active Leisure subscription, plus going to see films and shows. I have emailed my sol and told her that I've given up worrying about ever getting any money. I've got plans to spend, with maybe a trip to Spain, a new Monster, and stuff, but since that is all dependant upon getting my settlement, and that doesn't look like happening any time soon, or at all, no point in planning anything.

Last I heard, my sol wanted to remove my brother from the case as my ligation friend. She thought that it made the courts see that I was so fecked up that even awarding me the price of a cup of tea would be dangerous. Not that it has made any difference. Fing is: how the fck do they think that I have managed over the past five years with managing money, quite independently?

If I am so dumb as to never get the money, then I would rather just forget about the whole thing.

What is odd, is that I can make a decision in seconds yet am supposed to be so brain damaged that I can't do a thing, yet the High Court have taken months in not making any decision, so who is really the one with brain damage?

If I had known what I know now, then I wouldn't of bothered go to London to my barrister's chamber's. I would of just said, "Yeah, whatever. You agree with whatever you like, but just make sure that the High Court agree it immediately, as anything else will waste my time!" Surely a party that brings a high court case always has the right to withdraw that action for whatever reason they like? And the court should be happy that is reduced their workload? That is why I think there is something else going on! The High Court should be happy as this has reduced their workload, plus my sol and barrister can get their fees. The only people that this has made happy is the other side's insurance company, who will be dancing on their desks! There is something else going on. A party that starts an action must always have the right to withdraw that action for any reason they like. And the High court should be happy to have their caseload reduce without doing a thing. This makes no sense and cannot be normal!

Anyway, doesn't matter as I am done with it! Moved on. Turned the corner. Forgotten about the whole thing - ancient history!

I am going to Cardiff in a few weeks and that is what I need to concentrate on organising. Not this Shite!

Cardiff is my closest capital city. Just need to improve my Welsh!!!
 
No, and it is all academic, anyway.

I won't be buying anything as I need to be careful with money. I need to keep self-sufficient, so that I can continue stuff like going swimming and gym with my monthly Active Leisure subscription, plus going to see films and shows. I have emailed my sol and told her that I've given up worrying about ever getting any money. I've got plans to spend, with maybe a trip to Spain, a new Monster, and stuff, but since that is all dependant upon getting my settlement, and that doesn't look like happening any time soon, or at all, no point in planning anything.

Last I heard, my sol wanted to remove my brother from the case as my ligation friend. She thought that it made the courts see that I was so fecked up that even awarding me the price of a cup of tea would be dangerous. Not that it has made any difference. Fing is: how the fck do they think that I have managed over the past five years with managing money, quite independently?

If I am so dumb as to never get the money, then I would rather just forget about the whole thing.

What is odd, is that I can make a decision in seconds yet am supposed to be so brain damaged that I can't do a thing, yet the High Court have taken months in not making any decision, so who is really the one with brain damage?

If I had known what I know now, then I wouldn't of bothered go to London to my barrister's chamber's. I would of just said, "Yeah, whatever. You agree with whatever you like, but just make sure that the High Court agree it immediately, as anything else will waste my time!" Surely a party that brings a high court case always has the right to withdraw that action for whatever reason they like? And the court should be happy that is reduced their workload? That is why I think there is something else going on! The High Court should be happy as this has reduced their workload, plus my sol and barrister can get their fees. The only people that this has made happy is the other side's insurance company, who will be dancing on their desks! There is something else going on. A party that starts an action must always have the right to withdraw that action for any reason they like. And the High court should be happy to have their caseload reduce without doing a thing. This makes no sense and cannot be normal!

Anyway, doesn't matter as I am done with it! Moved on. Turned the corner. Forgotten about the whole thing - ancient history!

I am going to Cardiff in a few weeks and that is what I need to concentrate on organising. Not this Shite!

Cardiff is my closest capital city. Just need to improve my Welsh!!!
Nil illegitimi carborundum👍👍👍
 
Apparently my phone is doing weird shit, so I need to have a play.

The case is all still dragging along slowly:-
"I am about to go on holiday for a couple of weeks, but the Court has finally been in contact and we have sent them a form about when we are available for any potential hearing. It is very frustrating and I don’t think anybody is particularly happy about having to wait so long but I am hoping we will know soon when this matter can be resolved."

I am thinking about getting an iPhone. Are they worth it?
 
I am thinking about getting an iPhone. Are they worth it?

I have no idea but Computer says :-

The debate for iPhone vs Android doesn't have an overall winner. While Android wins in variety and productivity, the iPhone is a better buy for video creators and MacBook users. On one hand there's cutting edge tech with foldables running Android, on the other there's a reliable bet with the iPhones running iOS
 
I have no idea but Computer says :-

The debate for iPhone vs Android doesn't have an overall winner. While Android wins in variety and productivity, the iPhone is a better buy for video creators and MacBook users. On one hand there's cutting edge tech with foldables running Android, on the other there's a reliable bet with the iPhones running iOS
I reckon that as I put it on "Do Not Disturb " in the hospital, weird shit started, when someone tried to call, but didn't want to do voicemail shit.

I did want to try a PAYG SIM as I have another phone, so could have a play. But modern day PAYG seems crap. You have to pay £5 or £10 per month, just to keep the thing active, so may as well just contract it.


I think WhatsApp may be an easier option.

The Morreti and Whisky has put that experiment on the back burner today!
 
Back
Top Bottom