Operation bail the fvk out

Havent been on for a while....(or the bikes either - 8 weeks now)....saw chiz's post, got half way down and thought fuck that, skim to the end....how y'getting on sir....everything ok.....(from the few pics ive seen it looks fucking lovely)...
Getting on pretty good mate!
Been real busy last few weeks with working round the farm, camping, fishing and rolling quads..
Just off to auckland to buy a 4x4.. hopefully..
Its a 7 hour round trip so I'm hoping it aint a piece of shit!
 
Good to see you about chap and doing well
Cheers mate.
Loads of pics n stuff to upload , just been a bit busy of late..
This outdoors lifestyle is hard work!
With all this fishing and camping comes hours of packing/unpacking, cleaning equipment and gutting fish...
The farm work is fun but fucken hard graft in this heat. The sun over hear is intense, even when its only 25 degrees you get burnt in a very short time..
 
Cheers mate.
Loads of pics n stuff to upload , just been a bit busy of late..
This outdoors lifestyle is hard work!
With all this fishing and camping comes hours of packing/unpacking, cleaning equipment and gutting fish...
The farm work is fun but fucken hard graft in this heat. The sun over hear is intense, even when its only 25 degrees you get burnt in a very short time..
I’m so sad you’re getting sunburnt.....
It’s either pissing down or snowing here!!
To the f### off thread for you Chiz.....
 
Sunny again here today, just ssyin ☀️😊
Not a cloud in the sky here today, took this in the morning but couldn’t be arsed to post it, too busy sunbathing, a heady 6 degrees today 😳


B7148B11-B582-4B66-942A-D4395D36A85A.webp
 
A few days ago i finally bought a motor..
1996 crv honda 4 x 4.. cars ain't cheap here.
2400 kiwi ... but its pretty good for its age. Immaculate interior, no rust, 5 new tyres ($1k worth) new bat, mot, reg, cam belt recently done..
So its all good..

That's about £8.15 pence innit ? :D it's about £1,270 which isn't too bad to be honest
 
I would fucking hate to be chilling out lying in that hammock drinking some stubbie's and just relaxing, over here it's apparently going to snow next week and get down to -6 at night with daytime temperatures of 4, now you have to admit you are jealous!! ;) :ROFLMAO:
Yeah but Chiz has sunburnt feet.....

I feel so sorry for him...
We’re more likely to get trench foot or bloody frostbite....
 
What else? Oh yea, rolled a quad a few times..
Exige put a pic up else where but the story is, me and lil bro are building a roof structure for the solar panels and to provide some shade on the walk to the waterfall/ sit and drink beer and watch stuff.
We had the digger clear a flat spot as its on a hill of about 35 degrees so quite steep. You have to be fucken carefull turning a quad around with no load let alone what I was carrying.
Basically, being the stupid Guinness I am, I put around 500 kg on the trailer and as the quad could tow it uphill no prob I thought no more of it.
We come to the site on the down hill bit and I stop and tell Bridget to get off just in case.
I walk it in low and it engine brakes no prob and I stop no prob. Then I decide to turn it around..
Big prob!!!!
Once the quad was slightly side on to the trailer, the arse slides out and the trailer keeps going , jack-knifing and flips the quad..
Being on such a lean to begin with i wasn't able to jump of the high side of the quad and it was all I could do to jump clear down hill.
The only saving grace I think is the safety pin was missing from the trailer so they separated,
But I hit the deck hard and was scrambling on my belly with a fucken great motor with pointy bits everywhere inches away.
I dove through the wire fence (which luckily we had killed the electric to) and hide behind a big arse post that stopped the quad carrying on the 50 odd mtrs pretty much straight down to the waterfall.
Its a good laugh now but it was a near fatal mistake.. certainly it would have resulted in life changing injuries...
20210130_150504_copy_3000x2250.webp
20210130_150534_copy_3000x2250.webp
20210130_150525_copy_3000x2250.webp
20210130_150541_copy_3000x2250.webp
 
What else? Oh yea, rolled a quad a few times..
Exige put a pic up else where but the story is, me and lil bro are building a roof structure for the solar panels and to provide some shade on the walk to the waterfall/ sit and drink beer and watch stuff.
We had the digger clear a flat spot as its on a hill of about 35 degrees so quite steep. You have to be fucken carefull turning a quad around with no load let alone what I was carrying.
Basically, being the stupid **** I am, I put around 500 kg on the trailer and as the quad could tow it uphill no prob I thought no more of it.
We come to the site on the down hill bit and I stop and tell Bridget to get off just in case.
I walk it in low and it engine brakes no prob and I stop no prob. Then I decide to turn it around..
Big prob!!!!
Once the quad was slightly side on to the trailer, the arse slides out and the trailer keeps going , jack-knifing and flips the quad..
Being on such a lean to begin with i wasn't able to jump of the high side of the quad and it was all I could do to jump clear down hill.
The only saving grace I think is the safety pin was missing from the trailer so they separated,
But I hit the deck hard and was scrambling on my belly with a fucken great motor with pointy bits everywhere inches away.
I dove through the wire fence (which luckily we had killed the electric to) and hide behind a big arse post that stopped the quad carrying on the 50 odd mtrs pretty much straight down to the waterfall.
Its a good laugh now but it was a near fatal mistake.. certainly it would have resulted in life changing injuries...View attachment 10709View attachment 10710View attachment 10711View attachment 10712
Main thing your all good, and is this turning into the DF with show us your wellies instead of bins?? :ROFLMAO: (y).
 
Poor old Bridget was proper freaked out ( and that takes some doing). Just in case id told her to get off as we got to the real steep bit and I'm so glad I did. There is no way we would have got clear with both of us on it...
So she saw it all unfolding and was certain I was done for.. she was real surprised to find me hiding behind the post...
 
Back
Top Bottom