Thieving guinesses

I'm annoyed I didn't hear anything.
Pardon :LOL:

Our utility room is separated from the house by the garage :unsure: so we decided to get a baby monitor to hear whether the livestock were behaving, you may be able to get something similar, with your monitor attached to a baseball bat for convenience (y)
 
Been to look at the storage facility…it isn’t the shipping containers, just a metal box. It is within a locked compound with monitored cctv and only one way in past a house on site down a lane.
Might do as a temporary solution. They have other motorbikes on site, and there were some panniers outside one of them getting wet.
If it was a shipping container I wouldn’t hesitate.
IMG_6853.webp
IMG_6849.webp
 
Loz you will cause people on here sleepless nights posting sh1t like that.
You’re a bad man!

I have an Almax chain, weighs a ton, is expensive but it takes some doing👍

+1 for almax, uncroppable by hand, even with 4 foot bolt croppers & a fat bloke, check out their website for videos, not cheap but top class stuff (good stuff ain't cheap, cheap stuff ain't good)
 
Dox, what gauge is that metal? is it steel or zinc coated ally?
TBBH, I know it's on a site, doesn't look sturdy, I could be in that box in seconds chief.

TBH it's like a bean can.

But it's in a compound with monitored cctv, and passcoded gate entry. One way in past a house on site. And most of the time will be shackelled up to the other bike.

Nothing is 100% safe, and it's no worse than most people's garage doors - probably a bit better actually.

I'm away on the Triumph tomorrow so glad knowing it will be there while I'm away after what happened and not in the car park here.
 
No, can't add one in the container. Will be going between the two bikes.

Perhaps not a Ground anchor but would they allow you to fit one or two of those front wheel guides they use to transport bikes in vans?

Motorbike Chock Transport Stand, Motorcycle Front Wheel Chock, Motorcycle  Stand, Motorbike Trailer Stand, 46MX


Either attach it directly to the wooden floor, then chain it through the wheel or, if they won't let you screw it into the floor get a solid piece of wood the width of the container and about 2 feet deep then mount 2 of the above front wheel mounts. That way you can wheel one in and one out with little time spent leaving a bike out whilst you move things around. The front wheel and forward weight will keep the stand and wood firmly planted to the floor.
 
Perhaps not a Ground anchor but would they allow you to fit one or two of those front wheel guides they use to transport bikes in vans?

Motorbike Chock Transport Stand, Motorcycle Front Wheel Chock, Motorcycle  Stand, Motorbike Trailer Stand, 46MX


Either attach it directly to the wooden floor, then chain it through the wheel or, if they won't let you screw it into the floor get a solid piece of wood the width of the container and about 2 feet deep then mount 2 of the above front wheel mounts. That way you can wheel one in and one out with little time spent leaving a bike out whilst you move things around. The front wheel and forward weight will keep the stand and wood firmly planted to the floor.

Probably not to screwing stuff into the floor.

I'm not looking at this as a long term thing...I think it's time I moved out of town. But it'll do for the time being.
 
Back
Top Bottom