WAW BBQ

There used to be an Oyster Festival at a local pub / hotel every September - Dublin Bay oysters, and sponsored by Murphys and Jamesons.

A big marquee with tables going for about £800...men smart-casual, ladies favoured long dresses mostly, and entertainment throughtout.

Each year started off fairly high brow, champagne with the oysters...but with said Murphys and Jamesons free for the asking, it tended to get a bit messy, but always in good cheer.

Good times.
 
Ok, so we have
@Hugo Magnus (plus 1?)
@PerryL
@Dox
@Don Kiddick
@Golfgeezer
Plus me.


I’ve reserved all 7 rooms in Derrin House B&B, Larne for the night of Sat 20/5, so you just need to arrive on that day sometime. These are the discounted rates.

  1. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing
  2. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  3. Large Triple Room with double bed and single bed £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 per person sharing
  4. Spacious Super King Size bedroom £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 pp sharing
  5. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  6. Small double £60 for single occupancy or £35 per person sharing
  7. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing

www.derrinhouse.co.uk
Tel: 028 28273269

Just call and give them my name, Paul Phillips, and pay for your room.

Note I’ve taken no.2 above but if Mrs P doesn’t join me (she’s humming & harrhing, and I guess it will be a no at the end of the day but you never know) then I’ll happily swap with someone for no.6 above if anyone wants more room/a bigger bed.

We’ve room for one more at least but I can always find additional accommodation if needed 👍, so, any takers? the more the merrier.

I’ll add in the other nights accommodation choices over the coming days.
 
I’m trying to get the accommodation for about €100/night/room or less. Just in case people need to know roughly how much the cost of the jaunt will be.
 
Right - I've booked out that week from work.

Next - series of appointents with chiropractor end Feb...if no back issues after that.

Then - buy a bike....Perry what did you decide on?

Top of the list is a Supersport S...wish I'd never sold mine.
This is what you need 👍


A nice comfortable upright riding position with superbike performance
 
  • Thanks
Reactions: Dox
This is what you need 👍


A nice comfortable upright riding position with superbike performance
iashka-scary.gif
 
This is what you need 👍


A nice comfortable upright riding position with superbike performance

I've had two 1200S Multis...I much preferred my Supersport. - better seat, and riding position (for me - 5'10"), and less buffeting. I tried at least 4 different screens plus a screen extender...couldn't eradicate the buffeting completely whereas I could on the Supersport. The Pikes Peak screen was the smallest, and had the cleanest airflow for me.
 
Ok, so we have
@Hugo Magnus (plus 1?)
@PerryL
@Dox
@Don Kiddick
@Golfgeezer
Plus me.


I’ve reserved all 7 rooms in Derrin House B&B, Larne for the night of Sat 20/5, so you just need to arrive on that day sometime. These are the discounted rates.

  1. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing
  2. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  3. Large Triple Room with double bed and single bed £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 per person sharing
  4. Spacious Super King Size bedroom £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 pp sharing
  5. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  6. Small double £60 for single occupancy or £35 per person sharing
  7. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing

www.derrinhouse.co.uk
Tel: 028 28273269

Just call and give them my name, Paul Phillips, and pay for your room.

Note I’ve taken no.2 above but if Mrs P doesn’t join me (she’s humming & harrhing, and I guess it will be a no at the end of the day but you never know) then I’ll happily swap with someone for no.6 above if anyone wants more room/a bigger bed.

We’ve room for one more at least but I can always find additional accommodation if needed 👍, so, any takers? the more the merrier.

I’ll add in the other nights accommodation choices over the coming days.
Dunno wot to do.

I have not had the chance to get the ST3 back on the road, but hope to get started this week. Then tax and Mot it. And see if my leg can handle the weight of it.

Happy to book or share a room and write off the cost if things don't pan out.

Do you think it is safe to leave the booking for a few weeks, when I should have abetter idea on where I stand? (or don't, it you will forgive the pun!)
 
Dunno wot to do.

I have not had the chance to get the ST3 back on the road, but hope to get started this week. Then tax and Mot it. And see if my leg can handle the weight of it.

Happy to book or share a room and write off the cost if things don't pan out.

Do you think it is safe to leave the booking for a few weeks, when I should have abetter idea on where I stand? (or don't, it you will forgive the pun!)
Just bring the KTM, that’ll be more than adequate on the roads here. If you don’t book as the accommodation is listed there’s no guarantee you’ll get a room in the same hotel or even the same town. The country’s hotels are packed to the gunnels with Ukrainians and it’s going to cause a serious accommodation shortage this summer 😕
 
Just bring the KTM, that’ll be more than adequate on the roads here. If you don’t book as the accommodation is listed there’s no guarantee you’ll get a room in the same hotel or even the same town. The country’s hotels are packed to the gunnels with Ukrainians and it’s going to cause a serious accommodation shortage this summer 😕
Didn't realise that Ireland is the go-to"place for Ukrainians, but what do I know? :ROFLMAO:

OK, I will book the hotel this week.

I'll just take the risk.

The KTM has luggage carrying issues, but it can alway be my reseve. And you have reminded me that the bike is three years old this year, so should check when it does need its MoT. Also, there is nothing to stop me buying something. I have the dosh! Just not the space!
 
Didn't realise that Ireland is the go-to"place for Ukrainians, but what do I know? :ROFLMAO:

OK, I will book the hotel this week.

I'll just take the risk.

The KTM has luggage carrying issues, but it can alway be my reseve. And you have reminded me that the bike is three years old this year, so should check when it does need its MoT. Also, there is nothing to stop me buying something. I have the dosh! Just not the space!
4th August.
 
If I can't get my shit together, then the reserve, reserve option is to buy another ST2, for mine is in bits in the middle of a valve shim check. So one way or another, I will get myself sorted out. And with better weather and more daylight, I will have no excuse!

From a quick check on Autotrader on ST2 or 3s near me, I have this right now, so all good!

1675011171645.webp
 
If I can't get my shit together, then the reserve, reserve option is to buy another ST2, for mine is in bits in the middle of a valve shim check. So one way or another, I will get myself sorted out. And with better weather and more daylight, I will have no excuse!

From a quick check on Autotrader on ST2 or 3s near me, I have this right now, so all good!

View attachment 71803
Do yourself a huge favour Perry , let @Dirty Leeds pick up your Ducati’s and ship them both to @Nelly and they will come back better as they came out of the factory, never mind if you ever going to ride them, if not they are good to be sold👍
 
4th August.
No, it’s the 20th May start 🤷🏻‍♂️
If I can't get my shit together, then the reserve, reserve option is to buy another ST2, for mine is in bits in the middle of a valve shim check. So one way or another, I will get myself sorted out. And with better weather and more daylight, I will have no excuse!

From a quick check on Autotrader on ST2 or 3s near me, I have this right now, so all good!

View attachment 71803
No, as you don’t know what condition it will be in. Take Frank’s advice and just ship one to Nelly, or for you, MotoLuigi is probably closer and get a full service inc Desmo and belts on it then you’ll know it’s perfect for a good while.

For luggage on the KTM get some Kriega bags.
 
What ever happened with that old German bike you where doing up Paul @West Cork Paul what was it again? DKW or something
Done and returned last summer. Mind you it still needs a new gearbox but can’t track down a 3speed gearbox from the early 50s. It jumps out of 2nd under full load on hills. Someone suggested getting an early BSA Bantam engine and dropping that in as their copies of the DKW
 
Ah, yes, thank you 🙏 However, the BSA gears won’t fit in the DKW so it needs to be an entire engine, for which spares may then be more readily available should the need arise. However his dilemma then is, it’s not a DKW but a hybrid/resto mod or whatever the hell the term is.
 
Back
Top Bottom