Who plays Golf here?

Spud Raver

New member
Well, tonight is a drink free night and its up early tomorrow (7am) and heading down the club for the first time this year.

So......who plays and whats your handicap?? Im off 8 and the course I play on (Musselburgh) is being considered being used as a qualifying one for when the Open is held at Muirfied soon.

Looking forward to the 19th hole particularly ;)
 
Tried once and my handicap is that I'm really crap at it. Going pedalling a.m. tomorrow, will probably do about 25 offroad miles - time you had a stab at it Davie.......
 
I will one day.....the good thing about golf is you can smoke and drink (soft) between shots ;)

A nice brisk walk in the morning is about my level of fitness at this moment! :eek:
 
Fair Play Davie, off 8 is rather good I would say, I play now and then, no handicap or anything though........

Going to Mottram HAll later this month on our Xmas do, so have a round booked, don't know if I could be arsed though !

Have clubs, Grandad was 80 odd when he died though so the driver is Mr Whippy, its actually a ladies carbon shaft with a big head, summink like that anyway ????

Im @@@@ed.
 
Scottch said:
As Mark Twain said of golf - "A good walk spoiled" ;)

Although last time I played my mate got bored of me missing and set off up the fairway, I then 'sliced' it big time, he said he felt it hit the bone ( it hit him him the back of the thigh) I have never laughed as much in my life.

My laughing was followed by a black eye, we made up afterwards as it was an accident, still as funny as feck though !
 
One of my mates laid another one of my mates out with his backswing!!!! Knocked him out cold for 5 minutes!!!!! Funny as feck too!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :D
 
Davieravie said:
Errrrrr...Xmas do??????????????? This is February!!!!!!! Or is this for Xmas 2006???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Got a good deal, only £180 PP
:eek: + dinner FFS, my collegues must have more money than me, never mind it will be fun I'm sure ( yawning smiley please ) !
 
dseered said:
Got a good deal, only £180 PP
:eek: + dinner FFS, my collegues must have more money than me, never mind it will be fun I'm sure ( yawning smiley please ) !

£180!!!!! :eek: :eek: Wheres it being held?? The Canary Islands????
 
We are hideousley busy in December so we save it till things settle down, I got it wrong, initally thought it was the WW weekend.
 
Are they gonna sack you for not going to a Xmas do?

It's bad enough working beside @@@@s you don't like, far less socialising with them too
 
Ahem!!!!! This thread is about GOLF!!!!!!!! Can yous 2 no have yer washing line blether on MSN Messenger ya couple o fahnnys!!
 
Davieravie said:
Ahem!!!!! This thread is about GOLF!!!!!!!! Can yous 2 no have yer washing line blether on MSN Messenger ya couple o fahnnys!!

But golf is for fannies! ;)
 
Scottch said:
Are they gonna sack you for not going to a Xmas do?

It's bad enough working beside @@@@s you don't like, far less socialising with them too

When we played at The Belfry and a couple of the girls decided it would be 'cool to greet incoming balls' with bare chests, thats when golf becomes bareable !
 
Davieravie said:
Ahem!!!!! This thread is about GOLF!!!!!!!! Can yous 2 no have yer washing line blether on MSN Messenger ya couple o fahnnys!!

LOL, Davie, that's not you complaining a thread has been hijacked is it ?? :D :D
Here's the smiley just in case you need it :OT: :D :D :D
 
Scottch said:
He's got a bloody cheek eh Mike ;)

yeah, you can never have a serious conversation round here without a stupid comment being added can you Scott :D :D

Hmm, maybe time for the other hobbies forum I mentioned earlier this month.
 
Back
Top Bottom