T.I.L

Today I did not learn that fascism is a left-wing construction - I already knew that.

But today, I learned that fascism is the "right-wing" of communism.
They are both far-left systems, it's just that fascism is slightly right of communism. This is what is meant when commies refer to fascism as a far-right political movement. Anything not communism is "far-right".

Isn't dialectics fun!
 
TIL how to say "Fuck around & find out" in polite company.

Screenshot_20231218_083928_X.webp
 
I did the experiment on the A38 when I went to the gym. On the ultra wide A38, I was head of the queue with the normal following car 1 cm from my ass. I accelerated to 80 and still the car behind was fingering my ass. So then I slowed to 40 assuming that anyone in such a rush would overtake on a straight, wide, quiet road. No. Even at 40 in a a 60, I was still the head of the queue. tried again at 85. No difference.

I can only conclude that there re many weirdos about. If it wasn't for the fact that I value my car as it is, I would be tempted to do an emergency stop and smash in the front of the following car. I go to Thornbury again tomorrow. I will try 20 mph, then.

Important research being carried out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
I did the experiment on the A38 when I went to the gym. On the ultra wide A38, I was head of the queue with the normal following car 1 cm from my ass. I accelerated to 80 and still the car behind was fingering my ass. So then I slowed to 40 assuming that anyone in such a rush would overtake on a straight, wide, quiet road. No. Even at 40 in a a 60, I was still the head of the queue. tried again at 85. No difference.

I can only conclude that there re many weirdos about. If it wasn't for the fact that I value my car as it is, I would be tempted to do an emergency stop and smash in the front of the following car. I go to Thornbury again tomorrow. I will try 20 mph, then.

Important research being carried out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My private detective has now asked for danger money.
 
I did the experiment on the A38 when I went to the gym. On the ultra wide A38, I was head of the queue with the normal following car 1 cm from my ass. I accelerated to 80 and still the car behind was fingering my ass. So then I slowed to 40 assuming that anyone in such a rush would overtake on a straight, wide, quiet road. No. Even at 40 in a a 60, I was still the head of the queue. tried again at 85. No difference.

I can only conclude that there re many weirdos about. If it wasn't for the fact that I value my car as it is, I would be tempted to do an emergency stop and smash in the front of the following car. I go to Thornbury again tomorrow. I will try 20 mph, then.

Important research being carried out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I went to Thornbury on the A38 for physio, and then on to Almondsbury interchange to go to the Lansdown P & R car park, and then back to go to Frampton in order to stuff my face. Today was just normal, with no issues. I reckon that last time I was just unlucky to be tailgated by wankers. My failing was to get annoyed by it. Drivers are just a sample of the population and will contain its fair share of wankers. I need to just rise above it.

I went to the Lansdown Park & Ride car park to test the O2 sim's signal. My app rates it low, but better than EE's. I was able to make calls, send and receive texts and browse the internet. It was pissing with rain and so I didn't bother get out of the car, but was still OK So in the new year, I will get a PAC from EE and switch to O2. I also tried it in Frampton-upon-Severn where everyone gets a weak signal, but O2 was still OK.

So, the only question that now remains is why are GPs so fecking useless? My physio is great! Oh and recently, I switched leccy supplier to 100Green and now discover that they are useless. Twice I have left Octopus because I was not happy with rates and now this is the second time that I have asked to re-join. The complication arises because I used to have night-time storage heaters that meant the I get cheaper (by not much) night electricity but pay way over the odds for day time electricity ( where most of my use is now that I don't go out to work) and so I still have the old meter that gives a day reading and a night reading. Octopus can deal with this and just charge me the normal rate both day and night. Nobody else can in, an industry were the intelligence level bounces along the floor!
 
T.I.L. that there is a barrister to barrister settlement meeting of my case in March. I have been told to keep the date clear but I am not sure if I am invited, or just need to be available to agree a settlement. Not having done this before, I will just accept advice from my side as I have no idea.

The good side of no win, no fee solicitors is that they have a stake in it, so I am happy to take advice. £10? 10,000?, 100,000? How do I know?
 
T.I.L. that backing up your mobile phone - at least in the Google World - is a fecking waste of time. You get the apps back empty, so logins and passwords are shoved down the toilet. Now I know this, if ever get another phone, it is back to square one time. I can get all of the apps back from the Google Play Store so they don't need to be backed up! What does need to be backed up, is the logging on details. Am I the only person in the World who realises this? I suppose if you bought an app, then you may have to buy it again, but my apps are mainly free, like banking, and what come with the phone, like maps e and email. All the history gets binned anyway.

Is being a manager in the development department a bit like a nursery nurse? Do you have to wipe bottoms and feed the developers using aplastic spoons?
 
T.I.L. that backing up your mobile phone - at least in the Google World - is a fecking waste of time. You get the apps back empty, so logins and passwords are shoved down the toilet. Now I know this, if ever get another phone, it is back to square one time. I can get all of the apps back from the Google Play Store so they don't need to be backed up! What does need to be backed up, is the logging on details. Am I the only person in the World who realises this? I suppose if you bought an app, then you may have to buy it again, but my apps are mainly free, like banking, and what come with the phone, like maps e and email. All the history gets binned anyway.

Is being a manager in the development department a bit like a nursery nurse? Do you have to wipe bottoms and feed the developers using aplastic spoons?
If you type 'Google passwords' into your phone browser you may be surprised 🤔 then again, you may not
 
Went shopping:-
1703249361691.webp


And I learnt strange facts. It is about 11 degrees centigrade here, but you get two types. The wrap up warm crowd wearing bobble hats, scarfs, and gloves versus the "Summer is here!" brigade in shorts and sandals.

On top of which, around here you get the van elite game. The winner is who has the biggest van. But that smug git is beaten by an even taller one with a ladder on top. But they are beaten by the TWO ladders on top brigade, usurped by the THREE ladders on top, only to be aced by the three ladders on top with one at least twice as long as the van. They are safe in the knowledge that they cannot be done for a dangerous overhanging item as it is all about speed cameras going after Fiat 500s doing 34mph in a 30mph zone.

Hard to keep with life I find!
 
Today I learnt that doing my own electrics on a new'ish van isn't a good idea.

5 hours later I've found and removed the tracker, located the alarm system and isolated and yet the van continues to destroy batteries.
Something is keeping the CAN bus awake.... time to hand over the the experts in the New Year. It's not so much I don't understand... its just the manufacturers keep so much information in secret.
This is only going to get worse... until they charge us all £200/hr+VAT, while paying the grease monkeys £16/hr.
Soon every vehicle will be MANUFACTER ONLY repairs and servicing.
 
If you're not worried about your radio; just put a kill switch on the battery lead.
I did that on our "back up" Mercedes Estate... after it kept putting the nearside park lights on (randomly) ... common problem, but the switch cost £850+ VAT and needs programming in.
 
This year I have learnt about AI.

What started out as a Brief concerning IP has required me to understand fields in which and how AI is being deployed, especially in the military theatre.

It is difficult to sum up what I have come to know. Put it this way, if every conspiracy theory aired on this forum turned out to be true (I firmly believe they are all rubbish, but nevertheless) they would rate1/100 on my list of concerns compared to AI.

The weaponisation of AI in military conflicts will revolutionise everything you think you know (and I know I cannot know nor predict) within a few short years.

I never thought an existential threat could emerge so rapidly - and become beyond human control in some respects already, and increasing in that manner exponentially.
 
I did that on our "back up" Mercedes Estate... after it kept putting the nearside park lights on (randomly) ... common problem, but the switch cost £850+ VAT and needs programming in.

Take out the courtesy light bulbs and radio fuse
 
This year I have learnt about AI.

What started out as a Brief concerning IP has required me to understand fields in which and how AI is being deployed, especially in the military theatre.

It is difficult to sum up what I have come to know. Put it this way, if every conspiracy theory aired on this forum turned out to be true (I firmly believe they are all rubbish, but nevertheless) they would rate1/100 on my list of concerns compared to AI.

The weaponisation of AI in military conflicts will revolutionise everything you think you know (and I know I cannot know nor predict) within a few short years.

I never thought an existential threat could emerge so rapidly - and become beyond human control in some respects already, and increasing in that manner exponentially.
Starting to see the light?
 
Today I learnt not to leave my van door open in the yard, after dark.
Took a 10 minute walk to get some stuff from the lock up and returned to find Fred Fox in the yard demanding dinner.
It was only after feeding him I found the suspicious footprints... luckily for me he had only "signed" the steps and not his normal trick of shitting on anything 12" from the deck. Wife summonsed to clean up... as it's her idea to hand feed the fox.
 
Back
Top Bottom