T.I.L

Genuine questions: Why are people still watching TV? What do you believe you are gaining from doing so? Does the psychological programming you receive from it trouble you or are you entirely unaware of it?

Challenge: Stop watching TV and any films or TV shows made since 2000, cut yourself off from current information sources, for twelve months.

When you then dip into modern TV programming, you will experience a sense of disorientation so profound that you will never forget it nor will you ever see modern programmes and films the same way you used to. Ask me how I know this.
 
Genuine questions: Why are people still watching TV? What do you believe you are gaining from doing so? Does the psychological programming you receive from it trouble you or are you entirely unaware of it?

Challenge: Stop watching TV and any films or TV shows made since 2000, cut yourself off from current information sources, for twelve months.

When you then dip into modern TV programming, you will experience a sense of disorientation so profound that you will never forget it nor will you ever see modern programmes and films the same way you used to. Ask me how I know this.
Now you mention it, I've realised that I've done that already. It wasn't a conscious decision, I just cannot bear having the fake portrayal of multi-culti, luvvie-leftie, eco-geeko British society shoved in my face, and the only way to do it is to avoid any programme made after 1997. I've also stopped watching the news, except for the weather forecast - and I only watch GB News for that because they don't turn the map red when temperatures hit double figures.

Looking back over this weekend, I've watched stuff like Inspector Morse, early Midsomer Murders, Wycliffe and Jack Hargreaves. When the adverts come on I hit the index button so the screen minimises and I don't have to see the mixed race multi-culti fairy tale.
And the mute button: (obesity is NOT a fucking disease - it's a lifestyle choice).
 
Last edited:
I've realised that I've done that already. It wasn't a conscious decision, I just cannot bear having the fake portrayal of multi-culti, luvvie-leftie, eco-geeko British society shoved in my face, and the only way to do it is to avoid any programme made after 1997. I've also stopped watching the news, except for the weather forecast - and I only watch GB News for that because they don't turn the map red when temperatures hit double figures.
I have found that looking through a window is a more reliable weather forecast than anything broadcast on TV 👍
 
I have found that looking through a window is a more reliable weather forecast than anything broadcast on TV 👍
It is where I live. First thing I do when I get out of bed in the morning is shove my head through the curtains and look across my neighbour's house to the fells to see what's heading our way.
I use the Met Office website more than the TV. It's not that reliable either but better than nothing. When you're driving 90 miles round trip to a job that involves working outside all day you have to decide whether it's worth bothering with diesel at £10 a gallon.
 
It is where I live. First thing I do when I get out of bed in the morning is shove my head through the curtains and look across my neighbour's house to the fells to see what's heading our way.
I use the Met Office website more than the TV. It's not that reliable either but better than nothing. When you're driving 90 miles round trip to a job that involves working outside all day you have to decide whether it's worth bothering with diesel at £10 a gallon.
I have found the met office to be wanting since the covid farce. They are quite good at telling you what has just happened but anything beyond the present is a real gamble
 
I have found the met office to be wanting since the covid farce. They are quite good at telling you what has just happened but anything beyond the present is a real gamble
The weather is volatile where I live with the North Pennines standing over us. Even the satellite weather map in real time isn't always right. It can show a heavy rain storm directly overhead when the sun is shining. They tell us what's headed our way but where it goes when it hits the hills is anyone's guess. Probably the same where you live with the Cairngorms next door.

Very often when I go out for a ride on my bike I'll head for high ground and take a 360 look at the sky before decided which direction to head in.
 
MET office is about 50% reliable in my experience.

Get the AccuWeather app - it shows you clouds and their direction over the past few hours so you can track their path.
 
IMG_9469.webp

IMG_9471.webp
 
The weather is volatile where I live with the North Pennines standing over us. Even the satellite weather map in real time isn't always right. It can show a heavy rain storm directly overhead when the sun is shining. They tell us what's headed our way but where it goes when it hits the hills is anyone's guess. Probably the same where you live with the Cairngorms next door.

Very often when I go out for a ride on my bike I'll head for high ground and take a 360 look at the sky before decided which direction to head in.
Our weather is pretty unpredictable, as you say big mountains to the west, big hills to the south and the rest is open water. The prevailing wind is meant to be south westerly but I'm sure it's only prevailing by half a percentage point to every other direction 🤔

As we say in these parts, if you don't like the weather just wait a minute 🤣
 
Genuine questions: Why are people still watching TV? What do you believe you are gaining from doing so? Does the psychological programming you receive from it trouble you or are you entirely unaware of it?

Challenge: Stop watching TV and any films or TV shows made since 2000, cut yourself off from current information sources, for twelve months.

When you then dip into modern TV programming, you will experience a sense of disorientation so profound that you will never forget it nor will you ever see modern programmes and films the same way you used to. Ask me how I know this.
I constantly tell my wife and kids "you know that shit is just to make you dumber" i often catch 2 or 3 minutes with the tv on while im getting my dinner and the story lines and acting is absolutely shite its absolute garbage.. my sons girlfriend is extremely intelligent got 625 points to get into law school [u can't get higher] a trainee solicitor for irelands biggest law firm and I noticed her watching , Suits, to say its so fantasy compared to the real world is an understatement so I asked can you see any remote correlation to this and you actually being a lawer/solicitor .. she couldn't even come up with a reason why she watches it .. because im a crank the tv gets turned off generally the minute I get home thanks jebus 👀
 
Back
Top Bottom