Good work.Went for a big ride up north today. The weather played fair and although really windy, the day only improved. Was great to catch up with @Karen and friends from Kerikeri, lots of laughs and coffee and pie, View attachment 171729View attachment 171730and I got to have my first ever ride on a Moto Guzzi! Yes, those are my eyebrows in the first pic…
Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea…….Good work.
Chiz normally only manages to capture his thumb in these sort of pics.
Hmmmmm, that gives me an idea…….
Hormann sectional high security door - double sealed and 67mm thick is the best on the market imhoKind of a good day
1. Washed the car - it needed it. I damaged the rear bumper on it last week and ripped the corner out so cleaned it all up, bought some plastic clips and put it all back together.
2. Fucking hoodie whizzed past on an electric bike with a balaclava on - he was looking to the right before he even got to me so he knew what he was looking for...headed to the top of the road - and im in a cul-de-sac so dead end...called the filth and said if you put a car at the entrance to the road youll catch him...they didnt fucking care - but he knows someone at the top of the road and i think i know who...shit but theyre you go...
3. Back to work....changed dead batteries on a few smart tags despite point number 2.
4. Ultimate Rectifier failed on the SXV and they [UR] were great...they said "just do a video showing us and we'll send another one in the post" so did that.
5. Cleaned the zed.
6. After yesterdays trip out on the RSV it threw a code which was one of the throttle body sensors failing - [same one went about 10 years ago) so got a second hander from a dorsoduro (same as last time)
7. Obligatory hoovering of the house.
8. Nerdy stuff. Replaced RAID controller on one of my backup servers to improve transfer speeds which worked a treat.
9. Chatting with my mate about said hoodie and i think im probably gonna pull the trigger and get a new roller shutter door - he got a Crocodile one (they do 3 years interest free at the moment) which is very appealing...
Anyone recommend a good garage door?
I've had one for a few years now on the front garage and a Hormann roller door on the back garage which is the industry leader evidently but much weaker (although not as flimsy as most roller doors).Looks great but, my garage is an old 40's built garage...not a straight edge in the place and ive got a shit ton in the roof so as nice as it looks i think ive got a snowballs chance in hell of getting that in there...!!
They look re-assuringly expensive...I've had one for a few years now on the front garage and a Hormann roller door on the back garage which is the industry leader evidently but much weaker (although not as flimsy as most roller doors).
They also do a 45mm sectional which is cheaper - sectional are defiantly the most secure - I also chock mine on the top when it's down with a piece of 6x2
Worth checking out - good time to sort your garage out
Prices varied massively between the 2 companies I had quote.
Yes, but @Chizel - Founding Father would have to use a multimeter (or even an oscilloscope) and he’s a chippy not a sparky - the 2 are not compatible.
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.
A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph.
Wayne, you can dram queen me now![]()
Sorry that happened, Paul.I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.
A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph.
Wayne, you can dram queen me now![]()
Thanks for the inviteI organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.
A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph.
Wayne, you can dram queen me now![]()
Thanks for the invite.... you know im joking pal sorry you got at dose ... here is something to cheer you up
Am I behind the thin metal uprights as I am svelte ???
I organised one of Ducati Owners Ireland semi-annual weekenders for this weekend. Arrive Friday from all 4 corners of Ireland, big group ride out Saturday, group dinner Sat night, attend a local bike meet Sunday (and boost the numbers) then ride of home.
A fantastic time was had by all, especially as the weather was great, sunny but not too hot. All bar me that was. I got there Friday, feeling a bit under the weather. Woke up Sat am, couldn’t speak, couldn’t even drink any water as my throat hurt so much and everything felt like swallowing 40 grit sandpaper, though my head was going to explode due to internal pressure in my sinuses and thought I was going to drown in my own snot as it ran down the back of my throat. I was so weak and feeble I couldn’t even get out bed.
Spent all day Saturday in the hotel bed, missed the ride out (which I was supposed to be leading as I’d routed it) missed the group dinner, didn’t feel much better this morning but somehow managed to drag my sorry arse and bike back home this afternoon. What a waste of time & money it was. I didn’t even get a single photograph.
Wayne, you can dram queen me now![]()
Did you get to do the trip another time to make up for your disappointment ?Sorry that happened, Paul.
I can sympathise. I got the flu on my dream bike tour of France & Switzerland a few years ago, absolutely destroyed any enjoyment of it (and wrecked a friendship when I arrived at a friend's house and spent two days there too sick to get out of bed).
Absolutely. I don't know anyone who would deliberately catch a deadly flu to prove it wasn't anymore than a bad cold .. that's preposterousDid you get to do the trip another time to make up for your disappointment ?
Bad news to lose a friend over something like that, hardly like you would catch flu deliberately .
Preposterous indeed, I`m sure that literally nobody has ever done that.Absolutely. I don't know anyone who would deliberately catch a deadly flu to prove it wasn't anymore than a bad cold .. that's preposterous![]()
Laugh out loud funny. Thank you.Maybe @Loz is also a massive Guinness?
I kinda thought we all knew that?Maybe @Loz is also a massive Guinness?