Desmosedici discussion

Gratuitous selfie. 🥰 A bit indecorous, but meh. 🥴

IMG_5377.JPG


IMG_5385.JPG


IMG_5372.JPG
 
Last edited:
View attachment 33514

A post popped up in my Facebook feed this morning, from The Bike Specialists (see below). It tells how they presently have 5 of the Desmosedici RR to sell. Yep, not one, not two but FIVE for sale. Clearly there are that many people off-loading them, but why?

I know there are a few on here who have one, I know there are a few more who would like one, but is the fact these guys have 5 to sell at the same time in the same place an indication of anything?


For any reader not familiar with the Desmosedici there’s a good overview here.
I reckon @AirCon is going to buy all five, then the price will climb steep as there is no availability 🤷🏻‍♂️👀😇
 
View attachment 33514

A post popped up in my Facebook feed this morning, from The Bike Specialists (see below). It tells how they presently have 5 of the Desmosedici RR to sell. Yep, not one, not two but FIVE for sale. Clearly there are that many people off-loading them, but why?

I know there are a few on here who have one, I know there are a few more who would like one, but is the fact these guys have 5 to sell at the same time in the same place an indication of anything?


For any reader not familiar with the Desmosedici there’s a good overview here.
All Chinese copies.
Dresmodici super cowboy USA hot dog rocket ship number one edition.
 
You can never have too many stickers. 🤷‍♂️

I reckon @AirCon is going to buy all five, then the price will climb steep as there is no availability 🤷🏻‍♂️👀😇
I'm a poor hard working "fridge man*" who is trying desperately to save the difference between my available D16RR funds and the current "D16RR sellers" aspirations. I think I'm loosing the battle. I thought 40 Large would do it, but they seem to have increased by a bag of sand a month in the last two years.

*Derogatory term used by inebriated Bus lady and others here.
 
I just can't get my head around the financial side of buying one .....

..... for that kind of money I could get a very tasty 1098R , AND enough left over
for a rather nice Lotus .
If you had bought one for £30k a few years ago you wouldnt think so, it’s all about timing 👀
 
I just can't get my head around the financial side of buying one .....

..... for that kind of money I could get a very tasty 1098R , AND enough left over
for a rather nice Lotus .
If that comment was addressed to me, then I've already a very tasty 1098R and I'd need two Lotus, one for each foot.
Many moons / Kgs ago I "fell into" an Exige passenger seat (the car and not the ........) and had to be helped out.
Luckily, now I'd float above the door as there is zero chance of me actually fitting in one.
Similar to this, however a lot harder, but without the accent.
 
I think that picture is from a few years ago - they only had 1 in when I was selling my R6 the other month - a zero mile for £70k that @JAT mentions above.
Hmmm, that’s a swiz then, and misleading. The time stamp on the post was around 8pm last night. The previous days post had been about all the Norton’s they had in. The whole thing implies they have them in stock 🙁
 
Hmmm, that’s a swiz then, and misleading. The time stamp on the post was around 8pm last night. The previous days post had been about all the Norton’s they had in. The whole thing implies they have them in stock 🙁
Shop's only for cowboys and wrong 'uns 🤔😁
 
  • Like
Reactions: Loz
If you had bought one for £30k a few years ago you wouldnt think so, it’s all about timing

Ah yes , the mythical " Gift of Vision " ..... 😃

But joking aside , when I mentioned a Lotus to go with the 1098 , I vaguely remembered that
someone on here had picked up an Exige for a bargain price of £16k ......
.....and given your username ...... that wouldn't have been you by any chance , would it ?

So anyway , to get back on topic , have you got the numbers for the next lottery draw ?
..... let me know on the QT , it can be our little secret !

:);):cool:


PS - @Robarano
forgot to mention earlier ...... that is a gorgeous bike !
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom