WAW BBQ

West Cork Paul

Man in a Shed
Subscriber
Right. I blame Frank aka @Fight the streets Fmd, (who better bloody come now) I also blame the 2 bottles of wine (at least, “who are you f&&King kidding😮”) and large espresso Martini I had over lunch at ours today. Mind you in my defence it wasnt just me, there were 10 of us - and now I’ve got loads of fecking empties to get rid of. Anyway, enough of my problems.

I’m organising a jolly along the WAW for next year. There, I’ve said it now. It will have to happen, for all a man has is his word and if he says he’ll do something he bloody well ought to.

Here’s the rough plan in my somewhat inebriated state.

This is a DC event.

Anyone who’s a paid up subscriber can take part.

(pssss, I’m making this up as I type🤦🏻)

It will happen in 🤔 end of May/early June next year.

You have to get you and your bike to Belfast.

I will then lead you on a merry dance around the Causeway Coast and the WAW for the next 7 days or so - it’s a whistle stop tour.

We end up in Schull where we have a BBQ at mine and then you all feck off back to Dublin and the ferry and your respective homes.

For those of you who don’t ride anymore you can just fly straight to mine, well to Cork and then get to me.

I haven’t told Anne, she’ll go ballistic, but I’ll cross that bridge later. I’ve just made all this up whilst sitting on the downstairs loo. But it’s happening.

So, who’s in ?

Here’s a photo for those that need them.
F08B9578-2F0F-4A47-9B9B-D67E28005EF4.webp



ps. I don’t want any excuses from certain members, you need to get on your bike and travel further afield.
 
Right. I blame Frank aka @Fight the streets Fmd, (who better bloody come now) I also blame the 2 bottles of wine (at least, “who are you f&&King kidding😮”) and large espresso Martini I had over lunch at ours today. Mind you in my defence it wasnt just me, there were 10 of us - and now I’ve got loads of fecking empties to get rid of. Anyway, enough of my problems.

I’m organising a jolly along the WAW for next year. There, I’ve said it now. It will have to happen, for all a man has is his word and if he says he’ll do something he bloody well ought to.

Here’s the rough plan in my somewhat inebriated state.

This is a DC event.

Anyone who’s a paid up subscriber can take part.

(pssss, I’m making this up as I type🤦🏻)

It will happen in 🤔 end of May/early June next year.

You have to get you and your bike to Belfast.

I will then lead you on a merry dance around the Causeway Coast and the WAW for the next 7 days or so - it’s a whistle stop tour.

We end up in Schull where we have a BBQ at mine and then you all feck off back to Dublin and the ferry and your respective homes.

For those of you who don’t ride anymore you can just fly straight to mine, well to Cork and then get to me.

I haven’t told Anne, she’ll go ballistic, but I’ll cross that bridge later. I’ve just made all this up whilst sitting on the downstairs loo. But it’s happening.

So, who’s in ?

Here’s a photo for those that need them.
View attachment 64149


ps. I don’t want any excuses from certain members, you need to get on your bike and travel further afield.
Ha ha , fair play Paul, it will be Epic, we can call it the big build, ride through beautiful Ireland , have a barbecue and the next day we build your new barn with all the members of DC😎👍
 
Thanks! I’d love a 996 but my pocket (or back) can’t stretch to it 😂. Took the SS out yesterday for its first real run since I bought it. This week I had the belts, plugs (they weren’t matching brands for some reason), oils filters brake pads, regulator rectifier done. It seemed to ride well, I think it’ll need a good few runs to settle it in as it’s been stood for a fair amount of time. It did seemingly leak brake fluid onto the rear hugger from the rear brake res but no idea why?? Here’s a pic from yesterday at Box Hill. View attachment 63975
I have absolutely no fecking idea where that ⬆️ Quote came from🤷🏻‍♂️ .Anyway Ginge ( or is that @WAYNE ’s bike) you’re invited. Everyone’s invited. The more the merrier.
I need to fabricate six bird-sized crash helmets. Fabrication is not my strong suit.
Budgies can fly with @Noobie no need for crash helmets.

You can ride your baby GS, it’ll be perfect.
 
I have absolutely no fecking idea where that ⬆️ Quote came from🤷🏻‍♂️ .Anyway Ginge ( or is that @WAYNE ’s bike) you’re invited. Everyone’s invited. The more the merrier.

Budgies can fly with @Noobie no need for crash helmets.

You can ride your baby GS, it’ll be perfect.
I have an ie dude, injection that sorted it out man, i know that the carb one's are a real Guinness to start when hot, just what i have heard!!
Sound's odd but true but don't quote me.:eek:
 
Last edited:
I have absolutely no fecking idea where that ⬆️ Quote came from🤷🏻‍♂️ .Anyway Ginge ( or is that @WAYNE ’s bike) you’re invited. Everyone’s invited. The more the merrier.

Budgies can fly with @Noobie no need for crash helmets.

You can ride your baby GS, it’ll be perfect.
Another thing i would love to come over but money is an issue at the moment till my Asda case is sorted, remember the ex fucked me over from a great hieght.
Post pics and have a good one. (y)
 
I have an ie dude, injection that sorted it out man, i know that the carb one's are a real Guinness to start when hot, just what i have heard!!
Sound's odd but true but don't quote me.:eek:
Don’t get all teknikal on me know, it’s red and got 2 cylinders, yes ?
Another thing i would love to come over but money is an issue at the moment till my Asda case is sorted, remember the ex fucked me over from a great hieght.
Post pics and have a good one. (y)
Just think, 1 can less per night saves you what? £2/day? Maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️. Over 6 months ie 180 days is £360 put aside for the trip. 2 cans is £720. You can easily save up and save your liver too👍. Work at it dude.
 
Don’t get all teknikal on me know, it’s red and got 2 cylinders, yes ?

Just think, 1 can less per night saves you what? £2/day? Maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️. Over 6 months ie 180 days is £360 put aside for the trip. 2 cans is £720. You can easily save up and save your liver too👍. Work at it dude.

Excellent WCP - @WAYNE - you've now got a reason, and a goal. And it's all beneficial to you mate.
 
Don’t get all teknikal on me know, it’s red and got 2 cylinders, yes ?

Just think, 1 can less per night saves you what? £2/day? Maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️. Over 6 months ie 180 days is £360 put aside for the trip. 2 cans is £720. You can easily save up and save your liver too👍. Work at it dude.
I am really starting to get my life together, me time and not the drunk me time!!
Doing good tonight, 8 cans and slowly getting there, a LOOMIES breakfast tomorrow, weather is looking good!! (y)
 
Last edited:
Don’t get all teknikal on me know, it’s red and got 2 cylinders, yes ?

Just think, 1 can less per night saves you what? £2/day? Maybe more 🤷🏻‍♂️. Over 6 months ie 180 days is £360 put aside for the trip. 2 cans is £720. You can easily save up and save your liver too👍. Work at it dude.
Yeah you Guinness, stop pretending you don't know you Guinness, i said back in the day i would not go injeciton but i am sold. (y)
 
I am really starting to get my life together, me time and not the drunk me time!!
Doing good tonight, 8 cans and slowly getting there, a LOOMIES breafast tomorrow, weather is looking good!! (y)
I had my 2th can of cider of the year yesterday, it was a big can , couldn’t drink it all, so threw 1/4 away, I will eat my granola, Greek yoghurt and fruit on the roof terrace, barefoot, shorts and polo, get out here Wayne, you will like it 😎😆
 
I had my 2th can of cider of the year yesterday, it was a big can , couldn’t drink it all, so threw 1/4 away, I will eat my granola, Greek yoghurt and fruit on the roof terrace, barefoot, shorts and polo, get out here Wayne, you will like it 😎😆
As you and many people know my life has been shit over the last 2 years or so, i had some great news on Friday that is a welcome comfort.
Have a great one @Fight the streets Fmd all the best and thanks dude. (y)
 
Back
Top Bottom