WAW BBQ

I am not making any promises!
First fail!

Went to open the up and over garage door and the left side runner came out of its track. Looks like the roller has failed. Got someone coming to look this afternoon but at the moment, it can't be shut!

Got a feeling that this may be a whole door assembly, so not cheap!

And I have two motorbikes under the door that I can't move out of the way!
 
You are correct!

Did you know, there is no Australian version of that book.
No surprise as they have barely mastered speech , I don`t believe they have much there in writing at all . Just look at the incoherent ramblings from our very own member from that part of the world.
 
Last edited:
No surprise as they have barely mastered speech , I don`t believe they have much there in writing there at all . Just look at the incoherent ramblings from our very own member from that part of the world.
Yeah. No.
 
First fail!

Went to open the up and over garage door and the left side runner came out of its track. Looks like the roller has failed. Got someone coming to look this afternoon but at the moment, it can't be shut!

Got a feeling that this may be a whole door assembly, so not cheap!

And I have two motorbikes under the door that I can't move out of the way!
Moved the KTM outside were it can stay the night. Can't move the Ducati.

Now not coming today but tomorrow!

This is a sign from God. Either buy a Guzzi, or don't. Trouble is that the message is garbled!
 
Moved the KTM outside were it can stay the night. Can't move the Ducati.
Now not coming today but tomorrow!
This is a sign from God. Either buy a Guzzi, or don't. Trouble is that the message is garbled!
tell them they'll get used to it, we have.
 
Last edited:
Ah, yes, thank you 🙏 However, the BSA gears won’t fit in the DKW so it needs to be an entire engine, for which spares may then be more readily available should the need arise. However his dilemma then is, it’s not a DKW but a hybrid/resto mod or whatever the hell the term is.
Why not have a workshop machine a new part?
 
Certainly try and help but next opportunity will be 11th/12th/13th February on my way back from slovenia

Cheers for the mention
Don't worry as I am fine sorting out the bike myself!

Got a neighbout to help and my garage door is now shut!

For the second day running, the garage door company have let me down. So feck 'em!

Again, they have promised to come tomorrow, but I know they won't. So tomorrow afternoon, I will ring to tell them to forget it and get stuffed!

I'll try somewhere else and might just get the fecker replaced as I cannot bear the torture anymore - all over a piece of shit garage door!

It's had a full WD40 treatment, but I don't dare go through all the shit again if I try opening it! Rather make it someone else's problem and replace the muthafu . . . .

Beer tonight at the pub!!! And I have no food, so they can feed me too!
 
This neighbour who has twice helped me with the son-of-a-bitch garage door, I offered him a box of the beer that I got from Bath Ales last week. Tribute, I think it is. But he said that he doesn't drink! My head was spinning, as I just don't get not drinking. It is my favourite hobby!

Even when Exmoor Ales piss me off with wanting ID checks before investing a lousy £500, and it is a bit cold for Moretti, but I know I will cope as there is bound to be something at the pub, that tickles my taste! Whisky is always the backup!!
 
Why not have a workshop machine a new part?
I have considered that but dismissed it as it involves too many unknowns.
I’d have to remove the engine from the bike then completely strip it down and split the crankcases to get the gears out.
Then I give the gearshift’s to the workshop who won’t know a) if they can do it and b) what it will cost until they have them in their hands. So I can’t advise the owner of a budget price 😕.
I’m re-learning German in DuoLingo at present and my search n Germany for a used engine or parts continues.
Certainly try and help but next opportunity will be 11th/12th/13th February on my way back from slovenia

Cheers for the mention
Don’t forget me will you please 🙏
Dear Paul,
Sorry about your thread, it seems to have gone catawampus.
If you need any help with the admin of WAW BBQ please shout.

@West Cork Paul
🤣 par for the course Hugo but yes this one seems to have gone waaaaaay off topic.
 
I have considered that but dismissed it as it involves too many unknowns.
I’d have to remove the engine from the bike then completely strip it down and split the crankcases to get the gears out.
Then I give the gearshift’s to the workshop who won’t know a) if they can do it and b) what it will cost until they have them in their hands. So I can’t advise the owner of a budget price 😕.
I’m re-learning German in DuoLingo at present and my search n Germany for a used engine or parts continues.

Don’t forget me will you please 🙏

🤣 par for the course Hugo but yes this one seems to have gone waaaaaay off topic.
Hi Paul, if you need any help with German for that task, it’s my third language so just shout if I can be of assistance👍
 
Back
Top Bottom