WAW BBQ

Weirdos





Dance.gif
 
Ok, so we have
@Hugo Magnus (plus 1?)
@PerryL
@Dox
@Don Kiddick
@Golfgeezer
Plus me.


I’ve reserved all 7 rooms in Derrin House B&B, Larne for the night of Sat 20/5, so you just need to arrive on that day sometime. These are the discounted rates.

  1. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing
  2. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  3. Large Triple Room with double bed and single bed £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 per person sharing
  4. Spacious Super King Size bedroom £80 for single occupancy or £42.50 pp sharing
  5. Double room with King size bed £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 pp sharing
  6. Small double £60 for single occupancy or £35 per person sharing
  7. Twin £70 for single occupancy or £37.50 per person sharing

www.derrinhouse.co.uk
Tel: 028 28273269

Just call and give them my name, Paul Phillips, and pay for your room.

Note I’ve taken no.2 above but if Mrs P doesn’t join me (she’s humming & harrhing, and I guess it will be a no at the end of the day but you never know) then I’ll happily swap with someone for no.6 above if anyone wants more room/a bigger bed.

We’ve room for one more at least but I can always find additional accommodation if needed 👍, so, any takers? the more the merrier.

I’ll add in the other nights accommodation choices over the coming days.
Ok, only one of you has reserved so far 😕 come on lads get the reservation made
 
Eyup.
I’ve booked the twin room (No.1); I might try and talk a mate into coming if they’re in the UK.
Hugo, what ferry have you booked?
 
9.00hrs Holyhead - Dublin We'll be stopping on Angelsey so won't have far to travel.

I stopped here over Xmas:-


…‘twas very nice, they might let you put the bike in the courtyard, or in the parking bay where the disabled parking is, tucked around the back, on camera.
 
Last edited:
Glad to see you’ve booked @SHarper 👍 and thank you, just @Dox , @PerryL to go and @Golfgeezer I know about 👍.

@SHarper if you’ve a mate who’d fancy the trip by all means invite them 👍.

I’m just trying to finalise deals with the other accommodation providers and we’ll be done.

One the of the providers (Westport) is (are?) offering 2 x 3 bed appts. Each has one room with an ensuite and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. Does anyone have any strong aversion to this for one night? It’s €450 for the 2 apartments so between the 6 bikes that just €75 each which for Westport is a good price.
 
Glad to see you’ve booked @SHarper 👍 and thank you, just @Dox , @PerryL to go and @Golfgeezer I know about 👍.

@SHarper if you’ve a mate who’d fancy the trip by all means invite them 👍.

I’m just trying to finalise deals with the other accommodation providers and we’ll be done.

One the of the providers (Westport) is (are?) offering 2 x 3 bed appts. Each has one room with an ensuite and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. Does anyone have any strong aversion to this for one night? It’s €450 for the 2 apartments so between the 6 bikes that just €75 each which for Westport is a good price.

I've got three chiro sessions booked at the end of this month - if all ok, I'm all systems go 👍
 
I was just checking ferries from Heysham to Belfast - Heysham is 5 miles away from me...lovely jubbly!

But, no motorbikes...only freight - phoned them to see if it's possible - computer says no.

So seeing as heading south to Liverpool is a horrible ride, it's through the Lake District, Gretna Green, Galloway Forest Park, and across to Cairnryan (Stranraer) - 200 miles but a great ride that I've done before. Just over two hours and £59 each way for flexible ticket 👍
 
I was just checking ferries from Heysham to Belfast - Heysham is 5 miles away from me...lovely jubbly!

But, no motorbikes...only freight - phoned them to see if it's possible - computer says no.

So seeing as heading south to Liverpool is a horrible ride, it's through the Lake District, Gretna Green, Galloway Forest Park, and across to Cairnryan (Stranraer) - 200 miles but a great ride that I've done before. Just over two hours and £59 each way for flexible ticket 👍
Have you decided on a bike yet ?
 
Have you decided on a bike yet ?

99% sure I'll get another Supersport S.

Outsiders at the moment are;

Triumph Speed Triple 1200 (more power)
BMW S1000RR (gen 4) (even more power and decent tourer, and low maintenance chain)
Moto Guzzi V100 (not as much power but shaft so no dicking about with chains)

If the Supersport had another 30bhp I wouldn't even consider one of the others...and probably will go for this. I don't know how I didn't lose my licence (or worse) on my S1000RR - I hit 150+ most times I went out on it.
 
I was just checking ferries from Heysham to Belfast - Heysham is 5 miles away from me...lovely jubbly!

But, no motorbikes...only freight - phoned them to see if it's possible - computer says no.

So seeing as heading south to Liverpool is a horrible ride, it's through the Lake District, Gretna Green, Galloway Forest Park, and across to Cairnryan (Stranraer) - 200 miles but a great ride that I've done before. Just over two hours and £59 each way for flexible ticket 👍
Go via IoM, couldn't be more convenient.

So after the shin dig at WCPs your riding back to Belfast to start another 200 mile ride home.

TB
 
I was just checking ferries from Heysham to Belfast - Heysham is 5 miles away from me...lovely jubbly!

But, no motorbikes...only freight - phoned them to see if it's possible - computer says no.

So seeing as heading south to Liverpool is a horrible ride, it's through the Lake District, Gretna Green, Galloway Forest Park, and across to Cairnryan (Stranraer) - 200 miles but a great ride that I've done before. Just over two hours and £59 each way for flexible ticket 👍
Can you put it in a box?
 
I guess that would cost a fortune and unless you travelled in the box with it; as they may not take passengers, you'll have to fly over and meet it
 
99% sure I'll get another Supersport S.

Outsiders at the moment are;

Triumph Speed Triple 1200 (more power)
BMW S1000RR (gen 4) (even more power and decent tourer, and low maintenance chain)
Moto Guzzi V100 (not as much power but shaft so no dicking about with chains)

If the Supersport had another 30bhp I wouldn't even consider one of the others...and probably will go for this. I don't know how I didn't lose my licence (or worse) on my S1000RR - I hit 150+ most times I went out on it.

Have you thought of asking Perry?
 
99% sure I'll get another Supersport S.

Outsiders at the moment are;

Triumph Speed Triple 1200 (more power)
BMW S1000RR (gen 4) (even more power and decent tourer, and low maintenance chain)
Moto Guzzi V100 (not as much power but shaft so no dicking about with chains)

If the Supersport had another 30bhp I wouldn't even consider one of the others...and probably will go for this. I don't know how I didn't lose my licence (or worse) on my S1000RR - I hit 150+ most times I went out on it.
Nice problem to have choosing between those.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Dox
99% sure I'll get another Supersport S.

Outsiders at the moment are;

Triumph Speed Triple 1200 (more power)
BMW S1000RR (gen 4) (even more power and decent tourer, and low maintenance chain)
Moto Guzzi V100 (not as much power but shaft so no dicking about with chains)

If the Supersport had another 30bhp I wouldn't even consider one of the others...and probably will go for this. I don't know how I didn't lose my licence (or worse) on my S1000RR - I hit 150+ most times I went out on it.

Today, I ar' bin mostly considerin'...an A-prilia Two-oh-no

1676029384330.webp
 
I think a couple of participants are still in the market for a bike. Look at this on Ebay. Admittedly not the latest tech, fastest, best looking etc but quite possibly spot on for the job and worth considerably more than the asking price once MOT`d.
I have bought from this seller before, he gets the occasional interesting bike and its not far from me so I`ll happily give it the once over if anyone is interested. Please bear in mind I have no mechanical aptitude whatsoever so a once over from me would only establish that it exists.
The seller is open to offers too. Tempted to get in early for my next Winter Hack......

If only there were a forum member who could give us an owners view on these. Where is Larry/Barry/Gary/Harry when needed ?

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom